View Full Version : Media player question....

js415
12-06-2007, 11:42 PM
For the life of me, I can not figure this problem out.

Whenever I play a video file on my Ipaq 111, using media player 10, it wants to play every file in the folder, or in the playlist (library), without stopping.

I have cleared the library completely, and tried just playing one file directly from the file menu. It plays just fine, and then plays the very next file in the folder, until it has finished playing every file in the folder.

Am I missing something, or is this a "feature" that I do not know about??!!!

Thanks,

Jerry

Don't Panic!
12-07-2007, 12:19 AM
I managed to duplicate your discovery on my HTC Advantage. What happens is if you openany file from the library interface you get everything in that folder as you stated. This does appear to be an undocumented feature. An easy way to avoid this is to use file explorer instead of WMP 10 to open an individual song. You could also create a playlist with just 1 song with WMP 10 by opening the song with file explorer then saving it as a playlist but that's to much werk!

Why don't you try a freeware player like TCPMP? Lot's more playing options and less undocumented "features".

js415
12-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Funny you should say that!!!!

I just downloaded TCPMP, but have not installed it yet.

It works as good or better than the WM player does?

Your right, going through the file explorer is a real pain in order to view videos, but it might have to be my answer if the above program does not fit the bill!!!

Thanks so much,

Jerry

Don't Panic!
12-07-2007, 03:18 AM
1st download the TCPMP plugins and install them. Next open TCPMP click on Options > Settings > Select page > File associations and check all the boxes. You can play just about anything audio/video related after that.

js415
12-07-2007, 03:47 AM
I appreciate your help.

I did a few searches for plugins, and found lots of information, but nothing that says:: HEY, Here it is!!!!

I'm gonna keep looking for what you talked about. Any chance you might know the exact page or exact files i'm looking for?

I also might have figured out another way around the original problem, using your suggestion to open the media via the file explorer.

If it works out good, I will post the results and let you know.

Thanks,

Jerry

Don't Panic!
12-07-2007, 12:54 PM
The plugins for the official TCPMP .72 can be found here (http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/). There is an unofficial version called .81 that was developed for the Hermes PPCPhone over at 4winmobile that plays more things like .aac and .flv plus they have a solution for Windows Media Player specific files which involves copying some .dlls to the Hermes. I'm not sure if you'd need to do that for your iPaq though.