View Full Version : AT&T Treo 750 WM6 Update Posted

Janak Parekh
12-05-2007, 04:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/treo750update/att.html' target='_blank'>http://www.palm.com/us/support/down...update/att.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"This update is designed for the Palm Treo 750 running on the AT&amp;T network. This will update the smartphone’s software to the latest release, version 2.25. This free, downloadable update adds the new Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Professional operating system, HSDPA support, AT&amp;T services, and other enhancements to your Treo 750 device."</i><br /><br />One word: <b>finally!</b> WM6 and HSDPA support is here for the 750. Treo 750 users: if you install it, report back and let us know how the upgrade was and how the new WM6 + HSDPA works for you.

ctmagnus
12-05-2007, 05:07 AM
"We're sorry, but that serial number is not valid."

I can understand getting that message for the AU and UK downloads because my Treo's a Cingular Treo, but this makes no sense to me. :?

Tony Rylow
12-05-2007, 12:30 PM
I'll be trying this out on my Treo after work. Hopefully my serial number is valid.

EDIT: The site accepted my serial with no issue. As usual, I did a hard reset ahead of time, then ran through the upgrade. It went a bit quicker than some other ROM upgrades i've done in the past. Upgrade completed successfully and it loaded all the Cingular crap onto my device.

I'll use this as an excuse to use the Treo for a few days. I've been using my Dash for the last couple weeks.

questionlp
12-05-2007, 05:32 PM
When I tried to download the upgrade, it also complained about my serial number being invalid (Cingular Treo 750). I used their live support chat and was given a different serial number to try; with that, I was able to download the upgrade.

Now I'm just waiting for my phone to finish the upgrade. BTW, I have been running an unofficial build of WM6 for a while and HSPDA speeds are pretty good. Download speeds are a definite improvement while at work and at home (southwest of downtown Portland Oregon). It usually shows 2-3 bars for the signal strength.

UPDATE: The upgrade went fine (I used the SD upgrade method) and have re-synced my data. Now the fun part, re-installing all of the other applications :)

UPDATE 2: It also looks like Office Mobile 6.1 was rolled into the update.

Kevin Sprite
12-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Sprite Migrator preserves data, settings and preferences during Treo upgrades from Windows Mobile 5 to Windows Mobile 6.

Start off your WM6 experience on the right note - use Sprite Migrator to bring your preferences, SMS and MMS, ringtones, My documents, owner info, alarms, power settings, call history from WM5 to the new WM6 ROM -

- SMS and MMS Messages

- Speed Dial and Call History Data

- My Documents and all it's contents - Personal, Business, My Pictures, My Music etc

- Contacts, Tasks and Appointment (only if not synchronized)

- Personal Settings and Preferences - Owner Info, Sounds and Notifications, Menus, Pocket IE Bookmarks

- System Settings - Alarms, Backlight, Power Management and Screen settings

Available for just $9.95 here;

www.spritesoftware.com/TreoWM5toWM6DataMigration

Kevin
Sprite Software

ctmagnus
12-06-2007, 06:59 AM
The live support worked nicely and I now have the download ready to install. I'm anticipating the inclusion of Office Mobile 6.1 in ROM.

inteller
12-06-2007, 06:44 PM
The *******s at ATT made Palm take out the Windows Live Mobile CAB from the final release.

ATT is scum.

I'd like to see the person at ATT who made this decision incur bodily harm.

jtweeks
12-08-2007, 12:27 AM
The upgrade posted on my new AT&amp;T Treo 750 without incident. It did not take nearly as long as the 25 minutes that the program predicted. :)

I am still working through the user manual so I am not sure what has been added and what, if anything, is missing. I was able to reload all of my other stuff - so I am back where I was except having the new system.

Now if I can only determine if there is a version of Easysync Pro that works with this I will be that would be great (company email is Lotus Notes). :?:

jstover
12-14-2007, 01:21 AM
I was happy to find the upgrade from WM5.0 to WM6.0 for my ATT Treo 750 on the Palm support Website today. I downloaded the upgrade folder, unzipped the executable file, and prepared to install the upgrade. I shut down all programs on my Treo, except for ActiveSync 4.5, connected to ActiveSync, and performed a successful synchronization. I have performed several synchronizations with this version of ActiveSync, so there are no issues with it.

When I started the WM6 upgrade installation, it ran for about 4-5 seconds, then shut down. It responded with an error message, titled Device Connection Failed. It went on to read, "The USB connection was not successful. If your device is connected, please reconnect it and click Try Again." I reconnected and tried again several times, but with no success.

The upgrade is only available for one-time download by entering a serial number, so unless Palm has made a mistake, I'm sure I have the correct upgrade file. My OS is Win2003SBS, I am the administrator, and I'm trying to install the WM6.0 upgrade to the Treo from a file on the server, at the server terminal. The Treo is currently running WM5.0, OS 5.1.195.

Has anyone else experienced this installation issue on the ATT Treo 750? If so, please let me know if you resolved it, and how. No one at Palm, ATT or Microsoft seems to be interested in helping.

jstover