View Full Version : Finally got the 6800 - Verizon

possmann
12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Well I couldn't wait until retail release so I called Verizon and ordered online Thursday - got it Friday and have been playing withy it all weekend. I was incredibly pleased to see that they did NOT disable the RF - worked fine finding my home network - woo hoo.
Had some problems with the Bluetooth not hearing or disconnecting late Saturday evening which resulted in a soft reset but so far that is it.
Love the slider keyboard, seems study enough.
Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

brayndeded
12-23-2007, 11:47 AM
i just joined up tonight cuz i got the 6800 thru alltel yesterday. i had looked at many of the ppc/smartphones, but this just looked the best. wm6 is very nice. i need to get some apps like spb plus and such,but i really like the ease of use on this. and yes,it does feel very sturdy. my wife got the bberry pearl,she really likes it,but need the touch screen and a keyboard.

oh, and possman...what do you mean by 'didnt disable the "RF" '
whats rf stand for?

thanks

possmann
12-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Hey there and welcome!
RF = wireless. Some carriers (verizon) tie user's hands by disabling certain features that either the software OS vendor (Microsoft in this case) and/or the handset maker (HTC) offer. It is nice to see that this did not occur with this device - cool.

seskie
12-28-2007, 04:39 PM
I just got my 6800 too. I used to have the 6700 then I got a Treo 750 and was okay with that but I had to upgrade to this. I like this phone overall; however, I don't understand y they have not put a quick access button for the volume. For instance, my treo, there was a little switch on the top of the phone that would switch it from vibrate/ringer; I use this feature a lot. The 6700 even had that volume button on the side but they completely took it off; you have to click the volume icon and set it to ringer/vibrate/off. They also switched all the buttons and the slider to the opposite side compared to the 6700 so when you close the slider, the phone is upside down (at least that's what I'm used to from the 6700).

Other than that, I think the phone overall is awesome. Maybe it could use the blue theme from Microsoft instead of the really bright orange/green theme for the WM6.

brayndeded
12-29-2007, 08:03 PM
im going to play my 'dumb question' card here. on the box of my 6800, it says its a smart phone, but on the microsoft website it says that a pocket pc has the touch screen and smartphone doesnt...so is the 6800 a smartphone or pocket pc phone??

2nd dumb question...as i have been away from the mobile world for a few years...what is qvga and vga...is that the size of the screen or the pixelation? and is the 6800 a qvga? i ask this cuz on some programs that i want to get (like skins for spb time) it ask if you want to dload the vga style or qvga...so which is the 6800?
thanks for anyone who can help with my totally dumb questions here.
pm me if you need to.