View Full Version : Synchronization Error

55Kevy
12-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Last week a friend with an iPAQ 2210 thought he had a dead power supply and we plugged his iPAQ into the cradle for mine. Powered up, and then started to sync, so I pulled it out of the cradle. Now I cannot get my iPAQ to sync. It connects, and the AS window says 'Connected' but it also says 'Synchronization Error'. Nothing shows in the 'Information Type' and 'Status' windows. And opening AS on the iPAQ shows that it is continually attempting to synchronize.

I've soft reset the iPAQ, shut down and restarted the desktop, gone away for the weekend and tried again, all to no avail. You can expore the iPAQ, both through AS and from Windows explorer, no problem. It just won't sync.

Any suggestions? I've thought about deleting the partnership and recreating it, but usually when that has happened in the past I end up with a lot of duplicative appointments and contacts.

TIA

Kevin

antontomov
12-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Please try to run the Outlook cleanup module of Pocket Mechanic Professional (http://www.wizcode.com/products/view/pocket_mechanic_professional), there is a free 30-day trial version. The Outlook cleanup module will fix a lot of issues in Outlook caused by synchronization errors and will also remove duplicate contacts, appointments and tasks.