View Full Version : A few more Tilt questions...

cab124
12-03-2007, 03:02 AM
I am seriously considering buying a Tilt tomorrow. But I still have a few nagging questions for anyone who knows...

1) How does Pocket Informant look at 320x240? It looks great on my Axim x50v, but I am worried that it will be far less usable in low res.

2) It comes with TelNav whch appears to require a monthly fee. Will the GPS also work with an app like TomTom?

3) If an upgrade the the OS were provided next year, would this come through AT&T or through HTC? After hearing the positive impressions of WM 6.1, I would hate to be stuck back in the pre-6.1 world after it is released.

4) AT&T offers unlimited data for $39.99/month. Is this the service that most people are using?

5) This might sound crazy, but is it possible use the phone to provide internet access to my laptop??

6) What kind of stereo headphones can be used? I didn't see a headphone jack.

Thanks!!

Nurhisham Hussein
12-03-2007, 09:51 AM
1) It's usable - just don't expect to read mini-text in month view!

2) The GPS is software independent - use whatever you wish, there's no fee for GPS signals (courtesy of the US government).

3) AT&T - though you could try an HTC ROM upgrade if you can get access to one, and don't mind busting your warranty. There's also bound to be a few 'cooked' ROMs about, with the same proviso.

4) I'm not stateside, so I have no idea

5) Oh yes, though AT&T might frown on the practice. You'd have to check the small print of whatever data plan you're looking at.

6) The Tilt uses the HTC connector (a modified mini-USB port). With the appropriate adapter, you can use your own set of headphones.

cab124
12-03-2007, 04:27 PM
1) It's usable - just don't expect to read mini-text in month view!

2) The GPS is software independent - use whatever you wish, there's no fee for GPS signals (courtesy of the US government).

3) AT&T - though you could try an HTC ROM upgrade if you can get access to one, and don't mind busting your warranty. There's also bound to be a few 'cooked' ROMs about, with the same proviso.

4) I'm not stateside, so I have no idea

5) Oh yes, though AT&T might frown on the practice. You'd have to check the small print of whatever data plan you're looking at.

6) The Tilt uses the HTC connector (a modified mini-USB port). With the appropriate adapter, you can use your own set of headphones.

Thanks!! I appreciate the input.

cab124
12-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Wow....I notice it is possible to get the Tilt on www.newegg.com for only $149 with a 2-yr AT&T contract. If I go directly through AT&T it is $299 for the same thing.

Is there any disadvantage to going through newegg????

rodrigo_braz
12-24-2007, 04:21 AM
http://www.letstalk.com/product/product.htm?prId=33355 offers it for $99 (with new voice and data plan)! :-)

Update: that promotion is gone with Xmas, but

http://www.1800mobiles.com/at-t-tilt.html

is selling it for $75 with new $80/mo voice and data plan.

I ended up getting it at a local store for $300 after $100 rebate anyway because they gave me a discounted $55/mo plan.

Rodrigo