View Full Version : Looking for good leather case for the hx4700 + can fit cradle

MTHall49
12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
With my past handheld I got a Sena case. Loved the case except for one big problem -- it would never fit in the cradle.

Any suggestions for a good leather flip case for the hx4700 that will fit in the cradle? The cradle is such a tight fit already for just the device that I may simply resign myself to just taking the device out of the case before docking it.

doughboy
12-02-2007, 04:25 AM
Wow! A Sena case will not allow it to sync in the cradle? I know of no other cases that allow in cradle syncing. Is this a repeated, documented problem with the 4700? Have you talked to Sena Customer Service about it at all? Recently, I purchased my second Sena case (one for my Father for his b-day) and questioned the color when it arrived. Customer Service was quick to admit a color variation with a batch and offered to exchange it completely at their expense. I think they would give you honest feedback about any known issues. My Customer Service experience with them has started me thinking about purchasing a case as a gift for my brother.

Best wishes.

Russ Smith
12-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I went through the same hunt a few years back with my hx4700s. The only case that I found really supported synching in the case was a Bellagio. It actually has a panel in back that flips up to allow you to insert your hx4700 into the cradle. The case is an excellent piece of work. The only issue I have with it is that sometimes one of the other of the tabs that hold the hx4700 at the bottom will slip off. Still, the fit is so tight (and the case closure covers the bottom as well) that there's no danger of the hx4700 slipping out.

Hx4700
12-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Many of the recent HP models use a cradle with the same base with an added piece that is formed for the bottom shape of each model. I removed this piece and just use the base. Most any case fits now. The top piece removes my squeezing two side tabs. Just be a little more careful in lining up on the cradle connector. (Someone really creative could make a new support out of styrofoam or whatever.)
Ron...

Kermit
12-31-2007, 08:06 PM
I believe the 4700 Case from Prima Case still fits in the cradle. I do know they are the original Bellagio, (I have one) so I would guess it's the same design.