View Full Version : Complete Zune Survey, Get $10

David Tucker
04-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Keep an eye on your email, everyone.<span style=""> </span>You could be in for a $10 gift card to Amazon, courtesy of the Zune team.<span style=""> </span><a href="http://www.cliczune.com/2007/04/microsoft_not_r.html">According to cliczune</a>, the Zune team is sending out emails for Zune owners to take a survey on the Zune.<span style=""> </span>It&rsquo;s by invitation only so there's no way to opt into this.<span style=""> </span>I want my $10 gift card so I'm watching my email close!<span style=""> </span>cliczune's take on this is that Microsoft isn't ready with Zune 2.0 yet and they need customer opinions on the first Zune before they start the project.<br /><br /><p class="MsoNormal">My personal take is that its just normal market research.<span style=""> </span>The Zune team hardly needs to know what every single person thinks of the first Zune to know what the common complaints and requests are at this point.<span style=""> </span>And really without seeing the survey its hard to say what information they're trying to get.<span style=""> </span>As a current (and happy I might add) Zune owner, my primary concern is NOT Zune 2.0 anyway.<span style=""> </span>It&rsquo;s Zune 1.4.</p>

DrMobo
04-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Got the invite with the $10 offer. At the beginning of the survey it claimed that my info would be collected at the end for delivery of the incentive. It wasn't. I completed the somewhat lengthy survey, received a thank you screen and got booted to the public Zune website. Does not reflect well on Zune central.

David Tucker
04-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Man, no, that's not cool

USArcher
04-25-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm never going to critize Microsoft when they are reaching out and getting user feedback. But I do hope they are not doing this to develop a 2.0 feature set. They should already have had a product roadmap. And as you suggested, they've had 5 months to collect user feedback. My bet is that we're going to hear some new stuff regarding Zune at Mix07.

David Tucker
04-25-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm never going to critize Microsoft when they are reaching out and getting user feedback. But I do hope they are not doing this to develop a 2.0 feature set. They should already have had a product roadmap. And as you suggested, they've had 5 months to collect user feedback. My bet is that we're going to hear some new stuff regarding Zune at Mix07.

I agree on all counts. I'd even go further and say they probably were aware of what shortcomings the Zune had at launch since they did immediately let everyone know that they planned firmware updates. In 5 months we haven't seen new features but there has been a bug fix every 8 weeks or so. They're clearly working away.

I'm cautiously optimistic about new stuff. They've alluded to it since day one so it has to come eventually right?

Jason Dunn
04-25-2007, 07:28 PM
I completed the somewhat lengthy survey, received a thank you screen and got booted to the public Zune website. Does not reflect well on Zune central.

Oh. Zoinks. :eek: Not cool at all...! Must be some sort of survey glitch, but not an excuse...

Damion Chaplin
04-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Gee, now I'm not sure whether I should be disappointed I didn't get the email or not...

David Tucker
04-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Well, I still want it regardless! :p

tbird
04-25-2007, 10:43 PM
I have answered these type of surveys before and have not been disapointed.
They will send your Amazon gift to your email address, its just a code number......They dont need to know your name or where you live.
Its a code that you enter into your Amazon account and you get 10 dollars credit.
If you dont have an Amazon account just create one and then enter the code.
They said it would take about six to eight weeks, and normally that is how long it takes....
I got the email and completed the survey and am waiting for my ten bucks from Amazon.

David Tucker
04-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks tbird, that should make people feel better! :)