View Full Version : The Time Management eBook for Technology Users

Ed Hansberry
11-23-2007, 11:00 PM
<a href="http://www.keenerliving.com/my-ebooks/">http://www.keenerliving.com/my-ebooks/</a><br /><br /><i>"I am pleased to announce the release of my eBook on Time Management. Now you can have practical time management advice with you wherever you go."</i><br /><br />Brian Keener has made his "<a href="http://www.dkeener.com/keenstuff/index.html">Getting Things Done with Your PDA</a>" site available in ebook format so you can take it with you. It is available for free in MobiPocket Reader, iSilo, PDF and Microsoft Reader format. Maybe he can be persuaded to publish in eReader, also known as Palm Reader or Peanut Press Reader format. :wink: <br /><br />The downloads are all around 600KB to 1.1MB depending on the format. While it is free, if you feel the books is of value, show it by clicking on the donation link. :way to go:

Paul Martin
11-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Thanks, Ed. I've visited his site before and glanced at the articles, but never sat down to read it. Perhaps this will encourage me to finish it! :)

Rod3
11-24-2007, 04:40 AM
I tried to download it; it downloaded as a MPEG (I was getting the lit file) on my Mac, then said it failed to scan with some antivirus (which I don't have on the Mac). Odd. When I clicked on it, it said it wasn't a movie file. Well, duh. Don't know the problem; I'll try on another computer tomorrow.

bvkeen
11-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Ed,

Thank you very much for letting fellow Pocket PC Thoughts readers know about the ebook.

Based on your eReader comment, I will see if I can make an eReader version available. I looked at doing so initially and it looked like a daunting task, but it probably is the most popular ebook reader and I will work on supporting it.

Rod3, a puzzle to me as to the download problems you have had. I have not other reports of it. If it continues to be a problem, email me at brucekeener at gmail and I will send the version to you via email.

Rod3
11-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Thanks, bvkeen;
I have a Windows machine, and just downloaded on it with no problems. And they say Macs "just work." Yeah... :roll:

bvkeen
11-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Ed,

I always hate to disappoint, but after spending several hours today using eBook Studio to try to produce an eReader version of my eBook, I am temporarily admitting defeat and putting the eReader version on the back burner. At some point when I have a completely free weekend, I will give it another try, as it will likely take a full weekend based on what I have tried so far. But for now, I'll have to stick with 4 versions. I really wish the eReader folks had better software for developing eBooks.

Best regards,
Bruce Keener

Ed Hansberry
11-25-2007, 04:12 AM
Ed,

I always hate to disappoint, but after spending several hours today using eBook Studio to try to produce an eReader version of my eBook, I am temporarily admitting defeat and putting the eReader version on the back burner. At some point when I have a completely free weekend, I will give it another try, as it will likely take a full weekend based on what I have tried so far. But for now, I'll have to stick with 4 versions. I really wish the eReader folks had better software for developing eBooks.
Thanks for trying.

Your best bet is to use a text editor. I use their software to generate a basic framework. Then I close it and open it in TextPad and finish the job there, then reopen it in their software, check for errors and compile.

Their publisher is a mess to use. I doubt if that is what they use. I am sure they just use their custom tags.