View Full Version : Black screen on HP iPAC hx 2795b

RockyR
11-23-2007, 02:04 AM
I am not very technical. I tell someone what I want out of a product and they give it to me ready to go.

I have had this about 18 months but used it much more in recent months. I pulled it out and it would not come on. Did soft reset. Charging did not work. Ran diagnostic with company. All okay. When it is in the base the screen is fine. I noticed that when I tilt it, I can see the screen in a deep shadow and when I tap it it does work. Anyone know what my problem could be?

Thanks.

Rocky

asims
11-23-2007, 03:48 AM
This is just an idea because I've had this kind of issue before. Have you checked your backlight setting? Hopefully, your ppc is set up the same way as mine and you can follow this path to the backlight setting - Start - Settings - down at the bottom are three tabs, click on the System tab - Backlight - down at the bottom are three tabs, click on Brightness. What is your Brightness Level set to for when it's on Battery power? Mine was set to the very bottom once and every time my hx2495 wasn't plugged in, my screen was virtually black.

Let us know if this helps! :D

RockyR
11-23-2007, 05:28 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

That's exactly what it was!!

I'm so glad there are those of you out there who can fix our messes.

Thanks again,

Rocky