View Full Version : Handango's Frustration Friday

psyjohn
11-16-2007, 02:47 PM
:evil: Is Handango trying to weed out potential customers with their impossible temptation called "Free App Friday"? I know I shouldn't complain about something that is supposedly free, but if you're going to offer something free or otherwise you should deliver.

I have seen numerous postings on various forums where people have received nothing but anger and frustration from this promotion. I have just spent far too much time going through an endless login cycle in an attempt to download the "free" app that Handango uses as payment for my personal information, which they will undoubtedly sell for marketing purposes. I willingly gave up that information as my end of the bargain. In return Handango has only given me stress.

I long ago swore off pocketgear due the incredible frustration that was part of any transaction. It looks as though I may be limited to software purchases that can be made directly from the development company. Software developers take note: you are paying a commision to a website that will very likely cost you future customers.

One final note: what is Handango trying to pull with their recent addition of a $5 charge for "download protection"? Any other website from which I have purchased software allows me a repeat download of the product. I think Handango may want to consider renaming themselves as the Mobile Software Mafia.

Jason Dunn
11-16-2007, 04:35 PM
I haven't heard about this particular problem, but I've certainly seen more and more complaints about Handango lately - that's one of the reasons why we switched from using them as our primary software store.

It looks as though I may be limited to software purchases that can be made directly from the development company. Software developers take note: you are paying a commision to a website that will very likely cost you future customers.

No, no, please shop from our MobiHand store instead:

http://software.pocketpcthoughts.com/homeSoftware.asp

:wink:

psyjohn
11-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Thanks Jason.
I've bookmarked the store site and that's where I'll go from now on.