View Full Version : Trend Micro Provides All-in-One Mobile Security

Jon Westfall
11-06-2007, 10:08 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=7477' target='_blank'>http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.a...?ContentId=7477</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Trend Micro Incorporated has announced the latest version of its mobile device security solution. The release of Trend Micro Mobile Security (TMMS) 5.0, with data encryption and authentication, mitigates mobile security challenges such as security breaches and data leakage while allowing enterprise administrators to manage security for handheld devices from a single console. The company says mobile devices have become small, powerful computers with large data storage capacities and growing network bandwidth. A remote and mobile workforce utilizing mobile applications on their handhelds are at risk for losing confidential and sensitive information critical to their companies. Mobile applications such as push e-mail, customer relationship management, and field service automation boost convenience and productivity, but make data vulnerable. Enterprises need to ensure that both data and mobile devices are secure and protected. TMMS 5.0 features new data encryption and authentication capabilities that will protect the mobile device's content in case it is lost or stolen. Data on devices that do not comply with policies can be wiped out by administrators. The anti-malware features block viruses, worms, Trojans and SMS text message spam. Built-in firewall and Intrusion Detection System (IDS) protects against hackers, intrusions and denial-of-service attacks."</i><br /><br />Microsoft has tools built into Windows Mobile 5/6 that allow greater administrative authority (especially remotely) than ever before. However many do not know of these features and in the eyes of some, they still have a long way to go. Now Trend Micro is stepping up and providing their own solution. Not being an IT administrator for a large number of devices, I'm not sure how attractive Trend Micro's approach may be compared to Microsoft's. Anyone see something they need to have now from Trend Micro's offering?