View Full Version : Full Firefox internet browsing experience on hx4700 Linux

nobody
11-04-2007, 05:30 PM
See full Firefox internet browsing experience on hx4700 Linux here with screenshots at http://www.mobiletux.com/

Anyone interested? My iPaq hx4700 has mostly been collecting dust in my drawer since I got a Windows Mobile phone. Why not turn it into a Internet browsing client? Not a bad idea.

VulcanTourist
11-09-2007, 04:07 AM
If yours is collecting dust, freecycle it to me, I'm still using mine! I could sure use a backup unit as a hedge against all the experimenting I'm doing right now, trying to get WM5 and full VGA and a ton of software all working. It would be nice to have both "production" and "beta" units, so I don't have to give up the use of what I bought it for for even a day. As it is, I have yet to get the data from the WM4.2 install migrated, Activesync is bitching all the time, and right now tonight I've completely lost all SIP keyboard/virtual input function! The little keyboard icon doesn't even appear.

Yep, send your imprisoned one to me, I'll set it free! Maybe I'll even install Familiar on it... I was tempted to do that instead to WM5, but it was even more of a crap shoot. :(

nobody
11-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Thank you for the offering :lol:

I generally don't sell my pre-loved PDAs or phones. And I can assure you that I have a bunch. One day I am thinking of opening a phone museum, showing my grandsons how much money I had wasted :mrgreen:

VulcanTourist
11-14-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm just as wasteful, or was: three Iwill Pentium motherboards in a row, each with embedded SCSI and each about $450; not one but TWO 90MB Iomega Bernoulli drives, one internal and one external and a bunch of cartridges, don't recall how much but a small fortune; first CDRW, a Philips, another $450!

I try to avoid the urge to buy cutting edge these days. :oops:

Russ Smith
12-02-2007, 01:56 AM
I think that's the other reason they sometimes refer to it as the "bleeding edge." 8O I'm really trying to cut down on buying the newest all the time. You end up spending a lot more than if you wait a while and sometimes you get things that you wouldn't if you had the benefit of even a few reviews. In their hey-day, a new iteration of PPCs would come out every 6 months, usually with a few new features. Now, I'm using a PPC that came out in 2002 is still pretty close to state-of-the-art.