View Full Version : Flash Question! Adobe/Macromedia... HELP!

essexpoker
11-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi there.. Just made my progression into the pocket pc world! I have the HTC TyTn! Quite a good phone i must admit..

Question is, i have downloaded and installed the Flash player 7 for my TyTn, yet i still cannot stream videos through internet explorer using adobe flash player? Why is this? How do i activate it?

Next question is, is there anyway i can play poker through my browser using the flash facility?

Any help would be appreciated!

Lloyd

Nurhisham Hussein
11-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Question is, i have downloaded and installed the Flash player 7 for my TyTn, yet i still cannot stream videos through internet explorer using adobe flash player? Why is this? How do i activate it?

I can't answer your second question, but the first is straightforward - if you're looking at Youtube and the like, they use Flash 8 not 7. So streaming is unfortunately out, though there are alternatives. Search through the forums for "youtube" and "flash".

...and welcome to PPCT!

Menneisyys
11-06-2007, 11:47 AM

the first is straightforward - if you're looking at Youtube and the like, they use Flash 8 not 7. So streaming is unfortunately out, though there are alternatives. Search through the forums for "youtube" and "flash".

You can stream Flash - it's just it's not worth the trouble, iot's so damn slow, even on the fastest PPC's.

Therefore, you MUST use the TCPMP plug-in I've described at http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56198

Menneisyys
11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Next question is, is there anyway i can play poker through my browser using the flash facility?

You can, but why Flash? Why not a native app? There're several native poker games; I recommend RealDice's apps - see http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53565