View Full Version : 568 LCD Screen to VGA

revzalot
10-17-2007, 09:52 PM
My 568 is non operational but the LCD screen is immaculate. I was wondering if I can make the LCD screen of the 568 like a computer monitor by converting it to VGA. I need to make a special HUD for racing simulations and flight sims as well. Hope you can help and thanks.

Sven Johannsen
10-18-2007, 05:18 AM
The 568 doesn't physically have enough dots to be VGA.

Russ Smith
12-09-2007, 09:54 PM
...so basically, what you need to do is fool it into thinking it does. A lot of in-car displays do this. Even the OQO Model 02 has an "interpolated mode" which is essentially the same thing. It's all in the driver circuitry. The image isn't as clear (obviously), since you're using a non-1-to-1 pixel correspondance, but it could be good enough for doing an HUD.

The biggest hurdle I can see is finding out what LCD display is used, then tracking down the display driver circuitry to make it function as an additional display. (If the 568 was functional, there are software ways to do this.)

In the end, however, you might be spending more time and money than it's worth. You might look into some of the folks that buy old handhelds for the displays to get a little back from it.