View Full Version : FA: Jornada 568, wifi cards, CF Pocket CFII adapter, keyboards

Paul Martin
10-16-2007, 03:03 PM
I've decided to clear out my older PDA's and have started with my Jornada collection. :) I've already listed most of this on ebay and you can find my auctions under pmradio99 (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpmradio99). Here's what I've got so far:

• Linksys WCF12 WiFi 802.11b Wireless CF card (http://cgi.ebay.com/Linksys-WCF12-WiFi-802-11b-Wireless-CF-card_W0QQitemZ110180533526QQihZ001QQcategoryZ45003QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

• HP CF Pocket Camera for Jornada (http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-CF-Pocket-Camera-for-Jornada-540-560-680-690-720_W0QQitemZ110180627856QQihZ001QQcategoryZ38331QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

• Jornada 567 + Stowaway, Symbol wifi CF, MMC adapter (http://cgi.ebay.com/Jornada-567-Stowaway-Symbol-wifi-CF-MMC-adapter_W0QQitemZ110181404466QQihZ001QQcategoryZ38331QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Here's the text from the auction. Follow the link for lots of pictures:

* Jornada 567 with latest firmware update MS Pocket PC 2002 EUU3

OK, right up front I will let you know this Jornada was my DAILY pocket PC. Therefore, it went with me everywhere, usually in my pocket or bag and in it's Vaja case. Still, it was outside the case enough that the "paint" on the front and sides is worn. You won't notice it in the case, but I'll show the condition in the photos below. Also, sometime last year, I was in church and turned between the pews with the Jornada in my front pocket. There was just enough tension for the screen to shatter. Obviously, I felt sick inside! Looking around for options, I found someone on ebay who would replace the screen for $50. So, the screen is fixed, but there's a little dust underneath the screen (I was unable to capture this in a picture) and as he reglued the left side rubber around the "toggle", you can see where the job looks a little "rough". So, while the device ran great, cosmetically it's not in the best of shape.

* Installation CD including Outlook 2002, Activesync, etc. ** The only difference between the 567 and the 568 is the packaging of items on the CD. The 568 includes Developer One Code Wallet Pro v3 and Developer One Access Panel Platinum. I will be selling a 568 I got from a friend in a separate auction. I have used the Outlook, but am no longer. You shouldn't have any problems installing it.

* Battery with MMC/SD slot - Though listed as an MMC slot, I did not have any problems storing or copying data from an SD card, though I'm not sure if you can run programs from a program installed on the card.

* Pocket Keyboard (the thumb keyboard attachment) - At some point, one of the tabs that holds the screen cover on the Pocket Keyboard down broke and in trying to repair it, I lost the spring as well. It will still snap shut and the keyboard will work fine, though it may need a new battery (there's a small, watch-sized battery that runs the blue backlight on the keyboard).

* Stowaway Foldable Keyboard - These Stowaways are great and very durable. I typed lots of emails to home while on the road with it and it works great. This package also includes a soft zipper case to store the Stowaway when not in use.

* Vaja Case - Also much loved and worn with usual scratches, after a while, the metal clip that was attached to the back fell out. If I can find it, I'll include it in case you have the ability to fix it. Belt clip included, though without the clip it's not of much benefit.

* Symbol LA4137 Wireless Networker card - This card performs like a champ and I can't recall ever having any problems with it.

* Standard USB sync cradle with HP power adapter (plugs in to a dongle near the USB plug so that you can charge the Jornada on the cradle

* Extra Travel AC adapter

* Extra USB Sync cable

* 2 extra batteries + the battery already in the back of the Jornada (3 total)

* Pen/stylus combo - This replaces the regular stylus and includes a pen. I'll include the regular stylus if I can locate it.

* 16 MB CF card - Lastly, since I can't locate the CF cover, I'll include a token 16 MB CF card to fill the slot.

• CF Pocket 560 - adapter to read CF II cards in your Jornada. I've not listed this yet. I'll post a link when I do.

• Jornada 568 plus a few extras, including CD. I'm working on the listing, but haven't finished it yet.

If I haven't posted the item for sale I am open to private sale, so make a reasonable offer. I'm looking for about $25 for the CF Pocket and $75 for the Jornada 568. Thanks for looking.

- Paul

Paul Martin
10-24-2007, 02:41 AM
Sold all except the CF Adapter. I'll list that later. Thanks.