View Full Version : Snap on keyboard

Rev. Cee
10-13-2007, 01:54 AM
Does anyone use the Dell Axim x51v snap on keyboard? I'm going on a mission trip in Nov. and would like some kind of keyboard.

Reid Kistler
10-16-2007, 04:12 AM
Does anyone use the Dell Axim x51v snap on keyboard? I'm going on a mission trip in Nov. and would like some kind of keyboard.

With my first pda - a Handspring - tried a Foldout keyboard (worked fairly well - IF you have a Flat Solid surface to use it on) and also a Keyboard Case (that did not work very well) - but the nicest input system have tried to date has been the FITALY software keyboard.

Started using Fitaly on the Handspring, carried it over to the Dell, and have used it to take "live notes" during several all day seminars - and routinely use it for note taking during shorter presentations / sermons.

In combination with PhatNotes (Pro) am better able to take notes using Axim / Fitaly then with paper & pen - with bonus that results are instantly Searchable, and readily synced to desktop.

Believe Fitaly still offers a free trial period, and it has a worthwhile "training" application. The layout seems strange it first (F I T A L Y instead of Q W E R T Y) but it is well thought-out for Stylus usage and between Minimal Hand Motion, Word Completion, Built-in and Custom Shortcuts - and the PhatNotes Spell Checker - results range from Usable (Need to Clean Things Up a Bit...) to Truly Impressive.

And it is a lot easier - at least for my fingers - then trying to find & press some tiny squeezed-together keys....

Good luck with your choice, and have a blessed trip.

Reid / SE MI

Rev. Cee
10-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Reid, thank you for your help.