View Full Version : Coreplayer - where did WMV go?

hamishmacdonald
10-03-2007, 04:25 AM
I've just switched to an HTC TyTN II (WM6). I find that the video playback in Windows Media Player is just awful, so I've reinstalled the trusty old CorePlayer (since I'd already bought it for my previous device).

But Windows Media Video support is missing. I can't find it in the file associations and .WMV files don't show up in the File/Open menu.

Can anyone tell me how to get .WMV support in CorePlayer again? The authors' website says it's not available on Symbian devices, but doesn't say anything about it not working or having been removed for Windows Mobile devices.

Yes, I know I can convert videos to MP4 or 3GP or even DiVX and they'll probably play better, but I'd far rather not have to do that every time I want to take a video away.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Don't Panic!
10-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Check this thread (http://www.corecodec.com/forums/index.php?topic=289.0) from the Coreplayer forums hamishmacdonald. There is a workaround from xda-developers and full WMV support is promised for the next version of Coreplayer. That was on a different thread but I know you can find it easily enough.

I never even considered using Coreplayer to play WMVs. All my content is Divx now.

hamishmacdonald
10-03-2007, 08:17 PM
YAY! The PocketPCThoughts community strikes again! Thank you -- you guys rule. I'll try out the fix that's posted there.

EDIT: It works beautifully! Thank you!

That's devious, sneaking an important feature out of the product without any acknowledgement. Bah.