View Full Version : [HELP] Drivers for StowAway serial keyboard won't work on newer WinCE build

wladston
09-15-2007, 05:04 AM
Guys,

I bought a StowAway serial keyboard for my ipaq rx1950.

After trying the old drivers and getting messages like

"Keyboard Driver Error! The Keyboard driver (" StowawayXt.dll") is not responding. Please reinstall."

And after loosing many hours trying to make it work and contacting the helpless tech support (they say they can't do a thing since the device is "discontinued"), I finally bring my appeal to you guys...

I have plugged the device to another ipaq (an hx2595 most recent one but with older ROM) and it worked right away. So this clears out that the problem is that the driver has some issue with the Ipaq rx1950.

I strongly think that what is causing the issue is that the Ipaq rx1950 is based on a most recent ROM update, it has a newer version of Windows Mobile (5.1.1702, Build 14367.1.0.2) The ipaq hx2495 is based on the same version of Windows Mobile, but it's build number is 14366.1.0.1.

The description of the update from Microsoft/HP that was flashed to the ROM on my ipaq rx1950 is

*Updates handheld from Microsoft Adaptation Kit Update 1.0.1 to Microsoft Adaptation Kit Update 1.0.2

Any idea of what that means ? Is there any registry trick or something like that I could try ? Or, is there any way to restore my old ROM ?

(the crying part now ;) Guys, I really need this keyboard working here, because it's really expensive to import electronics to Brazil. (Expensive shipping, and high custom taxes, and the U$ dollar is expensive compared to the local currency).

I thanks a lot for all the attention for reading all this... all my hope is on you guys now...

Jason Dunn
09-15-2007, 06:27 AM
That's a REALLY specific problem...have you tried contacting Stowaway tech support?

wladston
09-15-2007, 06:51 AM
yes, I have ... they said the product was discontinued (although i just got it brand new from ebay), and therefore they can't provide any driver, old or new, or any type of support... I'm on my own ... :(