View Full Version : Thoughtcasts..?

couplandsj
09-03-2007, 02:02 PM
What has happened to the Thoughtcasts..?

I used to enjoy Ed, Jason & Dave's thoughts, listening as I was driving to work - good to hear when Ed was recording while he was driving too.

cheers

simon

couplandsj
10-02-2007, 06:11 PM
I guess it's bad karma to reply to ones own post, but I must be the only person who liked the Thoughtscast..!

Shame, I really like the listen.

cheers

simon

emuelle1
10-02-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm interested in what happened to them myself. I got busy and stopped hanging around PPC Thoughts for a while, but at the time I still had iTunes automatically downloading the Thoughtcasts. Suddenly they stopped with no notice at all. I tried to search for something on the site explaining why, but nothing turned up. That doesn't mean nothing was said, as forum search engines are usually not that good and often return thousands of irrelevant posts.

martin_ayton
10-03-2007, 05:06 PM
As I understand it, Ed stopped his thoughtcasts because he didn't need the grief he was getting from people who didn't agree with him. It's a shame that some people can't engage in a reasoned debate without immediately resorting to abuse and profanity but in the face of that stuff I can understand and respect Ed's decision, even if I regret it.

As to Jason and Dave's silence, I don't know. I've kept pretty well up to date with the posts here and I don't recall any announcement. However, with all the work on Zune Thoughts and the migration of the ThoughtsMedia sites away from phpBB to the new forum software, I think it's a pretty safe bet to assume that Jason just ran out of hours in the day.