View Full Version : O2 XDA2 Mini with ROM version 1.13 wwe

kabel
08-31-2007, 10:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone could tell me why I keep getting these memory eating files that will not delete unless I hard reset called "MsgQueueDataFileMicrosoft Notification SMS Protocol (recieve only)" "MsgQueueDataFileMicrosoft Status Message SMS Protocol (recieve only)" "MsgQueueDataFileMicrosoft RAW SMS Protocol (recieve only)"
"MsgQueueDataFileMicrosoft Notification WCMP Protocol"
"MsgQueueDataFileMicrosoft Text SMS Protocol" "MsgQueueDataFileMicrosoft WDP SMS Protocol" all sized 2.71MBand then pretty much the same but smaller sized at 262KB are files named "MsgQueueMapFileMicrosoft SMS Protocol (recieve only)"

any help on fixing this problem would be greatly apreciated.

Nurhisham Hussein
09-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Welcome to PPCT, kabel!

Don't worry about those files - File Explorer misreports the file sizes for these (they're part of the notification queue databases). They don't actually take up the space it looks like they are.

kabel
09-03-2007, 07:57 PM
well the problem is that I have deleted any other file that takes up any sizable portion of room, also I deleted every thing that I do not need and when i hard reset and those files are not there I have plenty of space but after they show up I have no room so they have to be close to the stated size as they are taking up all the storage space I have.

is there any way to make them store in the "storage" rather in the main ram?

and also if they are normal why didnt I see them before I did the Radio andf rom upgrage?

thank you, Kabel

Nurhisham Hussein
09-05-2007, 10:22 AM
well the problem is that I have deleted any other file that takes up any sizable portion of room, also I deleted every thing that I do not need and when i hard reset and those files are not there I have plenty of space but after they show up I have no room so they have to be close to the stated size as they are taking up all the storage space I have.

These files are actually generated as databases for text messages. I've read about this 'problem' before - there really is no solution, as these are system generated and required files, and can't be deleted or moved. Testing indicated that the actual reported file sizes don't tally with actual RAM/storage use. How much of a reduction in Storage do you see?

is there any way to make them store in the "storage" rather in the main ram?

To a storage card? 'Fraid not.

and also if they are normal why didnt I see them before I did the Radio andf rom upgrage?

TBH, I have no idea, unless there have been changes made between ROMs in the file attributes.