View Full Version : Auto Synchronize with Large Music Collection

KsE
04-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Hello, new zune owner spending way too much time trying to get this software to work with me. Basically the folders I want it to monitor and auto sync changes have more content than the zune can hold, has anybody else dealt with this? I am making changes all the time lately to the tags and album covers so the zune displays correctly and I would like to use the auto sync feature to update the zune. I was told there was a way to goto the library and say dont sync this artist basically but I cannot find such a feature, any ideas? Thanks In Advance.

Jason Dunn
04-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi there and welcome to Zune Thoughts. :)

To answer your question, I guess it depends on how you've set up the sync. Have you right-clicked and selected SET UP SYNC then un-checked the box for "Sync Automatically"? That will give you more fine-tuned control over what syncs and when.

If you want to do the automatic sync, but you also want it to update the files whenever you updated any piece of metadata...well, I'm not sure how to get it to do that. I suspect there's no way to force it - I suggest you finish editing all your metadata (which can take a long time, I know) then erase the Zune and do a re-sync.

If that's not what you were asking about, please provide more details and I'll try to help....

KsE
04-21-2007, 02:33 AM
Alrighty, kinda figured I would have to finish editing and erase and re-sync, was just hoping for another way, or another software ;).

Thanks.