View Full Version : About making an internet connection via bluetooth

heymike
08-25-2007, 03:21 AM
Hello, you guys.

Thank you for giving me answers in advance.

I have one SPH-M8100, which features a bluetooth device.

The question is how I can make an internet connection by bluetooth, through my laptop. Is it possible? What if I didn't have a profile for internetwork on my PDA?

Cybrid
08-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Hello, you guys.

Thank you for giving me answers in advance.

I have one SPH-M8100, which features a bluetooth device.

The question is how I can make an internet connection by bluetooth, through my laptop. Is it possible? What if I didn't have a profile for internetwork on my PDA?Use one of the hundreds of guides on the internet... If you AS through BT. You have access to your internet connection from the AS passthrough.

heymike
09-11-2007, 03:33 PM
The problem is that the connection by Activesync doesn't work. Why...
Is there any setting for a bluetooth connection?

clbsvi
09-29-2007, 08:42 PM
The problem is that BT for AS really, really, REALLY SUCKS. I keep hoping that some of our PPC Thoughts Gurus with strong input to Microsoft will pressure them to permit AS to be performed using WiFi, which seems to have been possible with WM3 and subsequently was discontinued under WM4 and WM5. The only BT systems I have ever gotten to work properly are factory pre-installed systems such as Cell Phone BT in an automobile thru the FM radio. If you gotta have a BT type function, I have long suggested a WiFi stylus operated "output power" slider such as the HP iPAQs use for screen brightness control. BT seems to suffer most from an excessive concern for broadcast "security" protocols, yet BT range is only about one-tenth that of WiFi. With WiFi, I get reliable iPAQ-to-laptop range of about 200 feet.

Alas, I am a lone voice crying in the wilderness. I suggest you flush attempts to AS via BT and stick to using the USB port cradle which came with your PPC.

Good luck, and lamentations over the 60 or so manhours I personally have WASTED trying to get BT to work.

Sven Johannsen
09-29-2007, 08:46 PM
The problem is that the connection by Activesync doesn't work. Why...
Is there any setting for a bluetooth connection?
Do you mean you can't get AS over BT to work at all, or that you have AS over BT working, but then accessing the internet doesn't work?

heymike
11-07-2007, 01:38 AM
I gave it up! Bluetooth is not good.

I mean accessing the internet doesn't work over AS, but except for it, all of things work great.

Toymaker
01-30-2008, 05:13 AM
Are you saying it isn't possible to connect to the internet over a bluetooth connection with a WM 6 smartphone? For christmas I got my wife an ATT Pantech Duo and I can't seem to get a connection to the internet like I can on my treo 650. We are not data "power users" so we don't have a data package plan but I find it convenient to connect at home when I need to through our bluetooth dongle. We only connect to the internet through cellular when it's really needed. I haven't set up Activesync over bluetooth but even when I'm connected with the cable I still can't get the internet.

I'm not really familiar with windows mobile these days but years ago I had a HP 2210 and it was insanely easy to be able to connect through bluetooth. Is this a problem with phone companies or carriers disabling functionality? Is there any kind of setup guide on the web for this kind of thing? I had been considering switching to WM myself but if it is so difficult to navigate and so restrictive I might have to reconsider.

Also while I'm asking, are there any good websites or guides about getting the most out of WM?
Thanks in advance.