View Full Version : Visual Voicemail Coming to Other Handsets, Including WM

Janak Parekh
08-23-2007, 09:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.actionengine.com/release.asp?id=139' target='_blank'>http://www.actionengine.com/release.asp?id=139</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Acision, the messaging company of choice for over 300 network operators and service providers worldwide, today announces the launch of Visual Voicemail, a fully integrated, easy-to-use graphical multimedia interface that dramatically improves the mobile voicemail experience....Visual Voicemail combines Acision’s established IP Voicemail/ IP Videomail with Action Engine’s intuitive and interactive on-device portal. Visual Voicemail enables operators to offer simplified and enhanced viewing, playback and management of voicemail, as well as ensuring a seamless evolution to other advanced messaging services through Acision’s convergence platform. Visual Voicemail will be available on a variety of Java, BREW, and Windows Mobile handsets."</i><br /><br />Not sure why it took so many years before Apple discovered that "ooh! Downloading digitized voicemail to the phone, push-email-style, is a great way of checking it!", but I for one am glad that other vendors are <i>finally</i> waking up to this simple reality and offering a much better way of checking voicemail. Let's hope that, long-term, Microsoft can work with carriers and ultimately integrate this into Windows Mobile.

JonnoB
08-23-2007, 09:08 PM
I have been doing this for years. My voicemail goes into my Exchange inbox which is pushed to my device and I can listen to it. For voicemail centric playback, the software I have includes a separate voicemail management software tool that allows annotation of the message, direct callback that can be used with the messages in my inbox, web access, etc. I am not sure this is really anything new.

Janak Parekh
08-23-2007, 11:11 PM
I have been doing this for years. My voicemail goes into my Exchange inbox which is pushed to my device and I can listen to it. For voicemail centric playback, the software I have includes a separate voicemail management software tool that allows annotation of the message, direct callback that can be used with the messages in my inbox, web access, etc. I am not sure this is really anything new.
It certainly isn't technologically, but it's nice to see carriers and technology providers build out-of-the-box solitons for the average consumer.

--janak

ibmiked
08-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Calling in and checking your voicemail uses your minutes. I'm not surprised carriers weren't offering this solution earlier because it would cut their revenue.