View Full Version : Problems changing the date in Tasks....

ToddJ
08-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Ever since I made the mistake of upgrading to Vista, i have had some problems with my task list. I normally use the two programs Pocket Informant and Quicktasks to move tasks around. However, I was unable to change the due date on the tasks quickly, and now it seems it doesn't let me change the date from the Today screen. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

ToddJ
08-26-2007, 05:19 PM
anyone?

schmenge
08-26-2007, 09:23 PM
I am not sure I know the answer, and must confess that I am not sure I understand everything you say. Are you trying to change the date of tasks using the built-in Task application, PI or Quicktasks?

ToddJ
08-28-2007, 04:06 AM
I'm sorry...i am not very good at explaining myself.... I will post what I wrote to the tech support at Quicktasks (the wanted a step by step of what exactly I am doing to try to replicate the problem):

I have two programs installed on my Pocket PC for tasks, appointments, etc - Quicktasks and Pocket Informant (I am also using Windows Mobile 2003.) I go to the left hand corner of the Today screen and click New to start a new task. I write the subject of the Task and I do not choose the date. I hit the checkmark in the lower left hand corner and go back to the Today screen. On the Today screen, under the Quicktasks portion, I click on the date, and choose the date that I want on the pop up calendar. However, that date doesn't seem to take, and it still shows no date. While this is annoying, this isn't that big of a deal because I could just choose the date when i make the task (although sometimes in my situation that isn't always convenient.)

The bigger problem is a similar, but slightly different situation. I go the left hand corner of the Today screen and click New to choose a new task. I then enter in the name of the task in the Subject line. I then choose the Start date of the Task.Then at the end of the day, if I don't get the Task done, I then go the the Quicktask part of the Today screen and choose a different date (ex. 9/06). However, the task still stays on the screen (even though I have it set to show only tasks from Today.) The Task stays on the screen, but shows the future date- 9/6(which is odd since it is only supposed to show Task that are due today.) When I edit the Task, it see the the "start date" is still set as today and the "due date" is that future date (9/6). If this doesn't make any sense (i am not very good at explaining things ) please let me know.

I think it might have something to do with the Windows Mobile Device Center and not so much with the other programs.

schmenge
08-28-2007, 12:33 PM
What makes you think it has to do with WM Center other than the issue, I assume, starting around the same time? If the problem was changes after you synced that might be the case, but since it sounds like you now always have this problems, even when not syncing, that it is more on the PPC side.

I used Quicktasks some time ago and if I recall correctly QT, like most other programs, is using the builtin database for tasks. The first thing I would try, and you have probably done this, is a soft reset. Cures many oddities. After that try narrowing down the issue (although it sounds like a QT issue):

If you change the date in the native tasks application, or in PI, does it show correctly on the Today screen?

When you change a date in QT does it reflect correctly in tasks and in PI?
Can you set a date on a new task in PI or the native tasks application?

You might also want to try uninstalling and reinstalling QT.