View Full Version : WM5 Calendar notifications - strange issue

tomcmok
08-20-2007, 02:50 AM
Hi all,

I know WM5 has problems with notifications, so had mine, but I cleaned the queue and all seams ok, except one thing - I cannot create reminder for a meeting in calendar that will fire on the same day as the meeting. I.e: the meeting is at 8am on the 20th of Aug. I cannot set reminder to 1 hout before the meeting (nothing gets added to the notification queue) but I can set a reminder at 9 hours before, because it's different date (19th).

Anybody had this strange issue, any suggestions (except of hard reset ;) )

thanks in advance,
Tomasz

Brad Adrian
08-20-2007, 04:55 PM
I've never seen that happen before. Unfortunately, it sounds like a pretty serious problem, one that only a hard reset would have a chance to fix, especially since it's a problem with one of the built-in apps.

The one thing you MIGHT try is to find a way to rebuild your appointments database. I'm assuming you synch your calendar with Outlook, so try doing a full sync with the Calendar option DE-selected, then re-do it with the Calendar selected.

If that doesn't work, you can copy your Calendar in Outlook to another folder, then allow Activesync to run, which should remove everything from the device. Then, move your Calendar in Outlook back into the regular folder and re-synch. Oh, and make sure you soft-reset in-between the steps.

These are long shots, but they're better than a hard reset.

tomcmok
08-21-2007, 10:23 AM
well, I've already simply deleted the whole pim db file from the device and soft-reset so WM5 recreated it from the scratch. Then did sync with Outlook, but unfortunately it didn't help with this issue. Maybe someone knows which registry keys are used by Calendar App, so I could have a look there?

Cheers,
Tomasz