View Full Version : I can't perform a hard reset on my hx2795.

tedbeari
08-02-2007, 06:21 AM
Can anyone please HELP? Somehow in my "connections" tab, I have lost the ability to "manage existing connections", the option is just GONE, but when I try to "add" a new one, it says such and such already exists... so I know they are there... somewhere! Anyway, I believe a hard reset will correct the problems I'm having. (I can't get online w/ any of my programs using a wireless connection. I'm on, I can connect with ONE program (Agile Messenger), but my IE won't work, my email will work only temporarily if I delete the account then set it up as a new account... but only works until I start it up again )
When I do my hard reset, I press the Calendar and Task keys simultaneously, they don't "dim" as the instructions say they will... they just sit there... ok, so then I press the stylus in the reset hole, and it instantly goes off and resets... but only does a soft reset.
Does anyone know how else I can reset everything on this ipaq hx2795?
Please help!!! :) Thank you thank you thank you... (wishful thinking on my part?) :roll:

buzzard
08-02-2007, 10:55 AM
You have to do a "clean reset" on WM5 devices. If I remember correctly you press the power, messaging and calendar buttons and insert the stylus as usual. It isn't the easiest thing to do but it works.

tedbeari
08-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Thank you thank you thank you. Yes, that worked, and yes, that was not easy! 8O lol Using my left hand now as my elbow is out of joint from performing that operation... haha...
Have a great day!