View Full Version : FCC Approves the Glofiish X800

Darius Wey
08-02-2007, 03:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://tinyurl.com/3x4uhg' target='_blank'>http://tinyurl.com/3x4uhg</a><br /><br /></div><i>"The X800 is a new glofiish phone from E-Ten that pairs Windows Mobile 6 Professional with tri-band HSDPA and quad-band GSM/EDGE radios. According to documents seen on the FCC site, it also hosts 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, an FM tuner, and a SiRF Star III chip for GPS. The X800's 2.8-inch touchscreen has VGA resolution and it comes with a 2 megapixel autofocus camera with flash on the back, and a 0.3 megapixel camera on the front for videocalling. No carrier plans have been announced for this phone, but it is compatible with AT&amp;T's 3G network in the U.S."</i><br /><br />The FCC has just approved the upcoming Glofiish X800, and a quick glance at the user manual reveals some specs (in addition to those mentioned in the snippet above) that may or may not tickle your taste buds - namely, a Samsung S3C2442 500MHz CPU, 64MB RAM, 256MB ROM, and a microSD slot. Anyone looking forward to this one when it lands later this month or beginning next?

virain
08-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Almost a dream phone. :lol: If only it would have more RAM. I guess I have to wait for X800+ :wink: hopefuly ETEN would add more memory in update. 0X

hifiguy
08-02-2007, 05:12 PM
err, i take it T-mobile isnt supported?

their $19/mo. unlimited internet plan is pocket friendly. :wink:

virain
08-02-2007, 05:24 PM
err, i take it T-mobile isnt supported?

their $19/mo. unlimited internet plan is pocket friendly. :wink:

It is unlocked GSM phone with all posible radio bands. Why wouldn't it work with T-Mobile?

hifiguy
08-02-2007, 05:38 PM
with tri-band HSDPA and quad-band GSM/EDGE radios

i thought T-mobile's 3G network (HSDPA) will use a different spectrum than it's Euro counterpart?

virain
08-02-2007, 05:49 PM
i thought T-mobile's 3G network (HSDPA) will use a different spectrum than it's Euro counterpart?

T-Mo hasn't announce its 3G officialy yet. There are reports from AT&amp;T users that they were able to connect to T-Mo HSDPA. My believe is that if T-Mo USA is different from Euro is just speculations for now.

ianl
08-02-2007, 11:10 PM
There's no doubt that it's a great device, small, thin and with good to great specs. I use an X500 and find it extremely useful - great machine

BUT the X800, as it currently stands, lacks SDHC firmware.

This is a dealbreaker !!

PdaAddict
08-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Let me take a wild guess - this won't be offered by any carries here in the US So it's either ebay or Expansis (Expansive) for those of us who can afford it of course.

King_Dani
08-06-2007, 04:09 PM
i appreciate all the hype around this baby. but as a current ETEN rebranded device owner , let me talk about some downsides , not already spoken of :
1. as you might already digged FFC website , you might have noted , that SIM card insertion site is not under battery , well it's nothing , if you haven't had my terrible journey . my ETEN M500 has the oddest design for SIM insertion , card is supported only peripherally , by some plastic edges of body , and after only a few months of usage , the SIM card become bowed outward , and the connection of it's metal part jeopardized.it was a huge blow , you miss calls , you won't be able to make calls exactly when you want to.
2. as many have witnessed , external speaker of ETEN devices are not something anyone proud of . as a matter of fact , it's crappy all way to " i hate this shameful device" , even G500 or M700 suffered the same shortcoming.
3.as others already pointed out , 64 mb RAM and 1300 mAh battery are not also what you wished for. but hey , they are not a big issue ,comared to above ones.

anyway , hope everything goes well with this device , since if imate Ultimate 6150 won't materialize until september , i'll go for this one , since these are the only under 3 inch VGA devices

cheers

i4edge
08-07-2007, 03:36 AM
Finally they are atleast getting the feature sets there! I agree it needs 128 megs and a keyboard, but I could live without a keyboard.

Darius Wey
08-08-2007, 06:19 AM
1. as you might already digged FFC website , you might have noted , that SIM card insertion site is not under battery , well it's nothing , if you haven't had my terrible journey .

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. Care to elaborate on "it's nothing"? For what it's worth, E-TEN's Glofiish devices have SIM slots beneath the battery.

2. as many have witnessed , external speaker of ETEN devices are not something anyone proud of . as a matter of fact , it's crappy all way to " i hate this shameful device" , even G500 or M700 suffered the same shortcoming.

What problems have you had with it? Loudness, or something else?

Darius Wey
08-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Finally they are atleast getting the feature sets there! I agree it needs 128 megs and a keyboard, but I could live without a keyboard.

E-TEN is supposedly planning a keyboard version of the X800, much like what the M700 is to the X500 (similar specs + a QWERTY keyboard).