View Full Version : Expansion memory capacity limits for 6800/Mogul

possmann
07-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey there;

I did something a bit too hastly me thinks... I saw this great deal on a MircoSD - 2GIG and snapped it up knowing that whenever Verizon gets around to releasing the 6800 ( :multi: I hate waiting) that I'll snatch that up and will want to throw as much memory as I can into it.
Just realized that I may have (ahem) "over purchased". I seem to recall that WM6 only goes to a certain use limit with their expansion cards - anyone tell me what that is please?

Cybrid
07-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey there;

I did something a bit too hastly me thinks... I saw this great deal on a MircoSD - 2GIG and snapped it up knowing that whenever Verizon gets around to releasing the 6800 ( :multi: I hate waiting) that I'll snatch that up and will want to throw as much memory as I can into it.
Just realized that I may have (ahem) "over purchased". I seem to recall that WM6 only goes to a certain use limit with their expansion cards - anyone tell me what that is please?At 2Gig, you should be fine. It isn't the OS that limits it, I've used 5 Gig PCMCIA cards since 2002. SD cards (SD, Mini and Micro derivatives) had a physical limitation of 2 Gig (Which you'll be ok at on any device). You need only worry at SDHC cards with 4Gig or higher capabilities which may or may not be supported.

ADBrown
07-29-2007, 03:27 AM
The Mogul/6800 does support SDHC cards, so you're not limited to 2 GB with that unit.

Cybrid
07-29-2007, 09:06 AM
The Mogul/6800 does support SDHC cards, so you're not limited to 2 GB with that unit.
Cool! I wuz thinking of upgrading later my self.