View Full Version : Help! My Internet Explorer doesn't wanna work anymore :cry:

woisnerrad
07-27-2007, 04:43 AM
Hi, if there has been another posting on this problem, please re-direct me to it. I tried searching for help but to no avail, so I'm making a new post.

I have a Dopod 818Pro (HTC Prophet, i think). And last month, my IE browser decided not to work. I know that I'm connected to the wireless router; the Network page shows that I'm connected. But when I launch IE, it just sits there with a blank page. (i have a screenshot of it, but I don't know how to put it in the forum post.) Typing in a URL that used to work doesn't launch that web page anymore. :(

I don't know if the problem lies with IE, or that my network setting is incorrect.

Please, can someone help me!? It's so sad to have Wireless connectivity but not being able to use it! :cry:

schmenge
07-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Can you access the Internet in other ways (like email)? IE would use that same setting. I assume you have done a soft reset (cures lots of ills)? Maybe try installing a third party browser like Opera and see how that does?

Cybrid
07-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi, if there has been another posting on this problem, please re-direct me to it. I tried searching for help but to no avail, so I'm making a new post.

I have a Dopod 818Pro (HTC Prophet, i think). And last month, my IE browser decided not to work. I know that I'm connected to the wireless router; the Network page shows that I'm connected. But when I launch IE, it just sits there with a blank page. (i have a screenshot of it, but I don't know how to put it in the forum post.) Typing in a URL that used to work doesn't launch that web page anymore. :(

I don't know if the problem lies with IE, or that my network setting is incorrect.

Please, can someone help me!? It's so sad to have Wireless connectivity but not being able to use it! :cry:Could be a number of things...any error messages?

woisnerrad
07-30-2007, 03:18 AM
hi schemenge,
I have done several soft resets but still didn't get IE to work. I don't have any other ways of accessing the Internet, but I think I will try Opera or another web browser to see how things go. Thanks! :)

hi cybrid,
no, there weren't any error messages. the IE screen is just blank, and the Windows flag just keeping 'flying'.

Cybrid
07-31-2007, 06:08 AM
Check how much free memory you might have...Also, clear your cache. I've seen similar "slowdowns" when the cache is full and the machine runs out of memory.

woisnerrad
07-31-2007, 07:26 AM
free memory....erm...I have 20Mb. I haven't cleared the cache. I'll try that out.

cheers!