View Full Version : Finding replacement power cable...or charging via USB?

KJSatz
07-26-2007, 04:25 PM
This is an old Toshiba Genio E550G.

I lost the power cord (I still have the USB cradle), but it doesn't seem to charge from USB for some reason. Does anyone know what I can do to get my PPC working again?

schmenge
07-26-2007, 06:47 PM
This is an old Toshiba Genio E550G.

I lost the power cord (I still have the USB cradle), but it doesn't seem to charge from USB for some reason. Does anyone know what I can do to get my PPC working again?

I don't know for sure about your device, but I know that if you fully drain the battery on a HTC Wizard you can only recharge it using the factory charger. Travel chargers and USB have just slightly less juice and it won't "kick start" the battery charging. That could be your issue.

There is a post on xda-developers forum about this try a search on the Wizard forums) and some people have gotten around this with a 9v battery. They pulled the battery out of the phone and used a 9v battery to get a small charge on the phone battery. At that point the USB charger could take over.

KJSatz
07-27-2007, 03:36 AM
OK, I actually found the power cable...w00t...!

But I plugged it in, and nothing has happened.

Could the battery just be...dead?

I bought it in February 2004...that's three and a half years, and I haven't used it in the last year and a half....

Nurhisham Hussein
07-27-2007, 07:54 AM
If you haven't used it for that long, and you used it extensively in the two years prior - there's more than a good chance the battery is dead.

schmenge
07-27-2007, 02:49 PM
If you can find an inexpensive replacement battery (ebay) I would give that a shot.