View Full Version : Resetting Media player to be default for mp3

siric
07-20-2007, 04:02 PM
HI,

I installed PocketTV Divx on my Windows mobile 5 HTC, but uninstalled them as I was getting problems with both of them. It seems that they changed the registry entry to make themselves the default player for mp3 files.

Now that I have removed them the entry has not been changed back so while I can select an MP3 fron within Media player and it will play, if I double tap on a file, I get an error.

This also affects my ability to play mp3 ringtones since media player seems to be used for that functionality as well.

How can I reset Media Player to be the default player short of hard resetting the unit?

Thanks

SiRiC

Cybrid
07-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Use a registry editor to edit the key back. Total Commander & PHM tools are both free.
\\\registry\HKCR\MP3File\Shell\Open\Command\default value:wmplayer.exe "%1"

siric
07-24-2007, 04:36 AM
Hi,

I tried that but the wmplayer is already set. However, I if I double click an mp3 file, I get the following error -

bmobile.mp3
"The file bmobile cannlet be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file".

Cybrid
08-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi,

I tried that but the wmplayer is already set. However, I if I double click an mp3 file, I get the following error -

bmobile.mp3
"The file bmobile cannlet be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file".I don't know about that one...If you have the ability to backup your data. I'd say hard reset.

ynnod
08-28-2007, 08:37 AM
OMG i have the same problem. it happened when i install that divx player on my HTC P3400.

I hope there's other way to restore it other than hard reset.

If there's no other options, can you please give me the correct procedure in making back up for my phone book?

thanks!

Cybrid
08-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Maybe, try TCPMP www.picard.exceed.hu and use it to associate it with TCPMP. Then unassociate it ...it may or may not work...

mihaiaah
09-19-2007, 07:58 PM
i instaled a dix player on my pda and after uninstaled it i can not select my mp3 files on my sd card as ringtone and it didn't open after a single click in media player.......some certificat needed........ i can only listen the mp3 files after i open media player in drag them there...... i saw that i am not the only one having that problem ........please help me :( :(

Menneisyys
11-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Read the last post at http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57174 for a tutorial on this q