View Full Version : Syncing without ActiveSync?

Emjay2007
07-11-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to sync my work Outlook calendar and contacts without installing ActiveSync on my work computer. I have a Windows Mobile device (purchased before I took this job) but my employer only supports Blackberry. Our company security prohibits installation of software that is not company-issued as well as the use of any USB devices.

Nurhisham Hussein
07-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Since installing software is not an option, the only thing I can think of is using a hosted exchange service, like 4smartphone.net (http://www.4smartphone.net/Default.aspx).

Emjay2007
07-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks Nurhisham. I guess I'm wondering how I can automate getting information from my my mailbox in employer's Exchange to another Exchange service. This looks like an online Exchange hosting system (similar to Mail2Web).

By the way, for those of you reading this thread, it looks like 4smartphone.net is migrating to Outlook 2007 and the trial service isn't available during this transition. I have a message to them to confirm my understanding.

Cybrid
07-13-2007, 07:21 AM
BB Connect? I don't don't know if this is carrier specific.

polharris
07-16-2007, 05:28 AM
...would be to keep a copy of Outlook on a seperate computer. Then, also load activesynch on it as well.

Then, load a mail backup file (or active the Outlook.pst might even work) file from your Outlook at work (it is a .pst file). Keep that copy of Outlook for being in synch with work. Not the most elegant approach, but I'm sure it would work. if you can get at a .pst snapshot.

Pablo