View Full Version : Pocket PC Can't Connect to BlackBerry 8800

powercx
07-08-2007, 09:44 AM
I got the BlackBerry 8800 from work and I can't connect my HX2795b Pocket PC to the BlackBerry.

I have no problem connecting my Laptop to it, but having trouble with Pocket PC to the BlackBerry.

Seems like the Pocket PC can't find the services for Blackberry through bluetooth. Google didn't help either.

Edit: Blackberry to be used as Dial Up Modem through Bluetooth

Janak Parekh
07-09-2007, 02:43 AM
What are you trying to do? Use the Blackberry 8800 as a modem for the Pocket PC?

--janak

powercx
07-09-2007, 06:09 AM
What are you trying to do? Use the Blackberry 8800 as a modem for the Pocket PC?

--janak

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Janak Parekh
07-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Hmm. A Google search does suggest the 8800s have Bluetooth DUN. If your Pocket PC is not picking up on that, I don't know where the problem is. Have you tried another phone (or another Pocket PC with the Blackberry)?

--janak

powercx
07-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Hmm. A Google search does suggest the 8800s have Bluetooth DUN. If your Pocket PC is not picking up on that, I don't know where the problem is. Have you tried another phone (or another Pocket PC with the Blackberry)?

--janak

Yes, before I post, I tried on my ipaq 4155 and hx2795b. Just last night, I tried again with both as well as with my hx2755 and Verizon PPC6600 Pocket PC Phone and it can't find the DUN Services.

It works fine with my wife's laptop connecting to the Blackberry DUN and surfing the internet. I'm lost, and Blackberry Forums got no response. Nobody else has this experience?

Thanks for the help Janak.

Janak Parekh
07-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Nobody else has this experience?
Unfortunately (speaking for myself) my Pocket PCs of late have all been Pocket PC Phones with their own data plan, so I haven't had a reason to tether through the Blackberry.

Thanks for the help Janak.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :( Sounds like you've been debugging it pretty thoroughly. Maybe someone else on the forum will be able to speak up...

--janak

Jeff Rutledge
07-11-2007, 03:40 AM
You may want to contact your carrier. I am fairly certain Rogers in Canada disables the ability for their Blackberry's to be used as Bluetooth modems.

Janak Parekh
07-11-2007, 04:42 AM
You may want to contact your carrier. I am fairly certain Rogers in Canada disables the ability for their Blackberry's to be used as Bluetooth modems.
That would have been my first thought, except he has no trouble tethering to a laptop. :)

--janak

Cybrid
07-13-2007, 07:10 AM
I don't know if this is relevant.
Both Bill & I bought the HTC Apache (6700). I have been able to BT tether using my X50v but he couldn't using the Rx3115? (both with Widcomm stacks). Even with WM5 on the X50v I can access the profile. I just think that a lot of the older devices didn't have the profile available...or HP devices are picky about who they consort with. :)
I mean a Blackberry! :lol:

Check the SIG group Bluetooth profiles of the devices and see.

r@dimus
08-08-2007, 09:00 PM
There is an app called Pulse from an outfit called Brain Murmurs that might help:

http://brainmurmurs.com/products/pulse/index.php

It is designed to let you tether a Blackberry to a laptop via USB for internet access. I downloaded and installed the trial version on my Blackberry to see if I could make it work with my Dell X51v. Once the BB and PPC are paired I get DUN as one of the BT services, but I could not get an internet connection established. Maybe there is a way.