View Full Version : Do we really need the Pricegrabber entries?

floepie
06-19-2007, 08:38 PM
I would hasten to say that most, if not all, here are savvy enough to find the best possible prices for their removable media needs. Furthermore, many of the high capacity cards don't command the prices they used to. Frankly, I access PPCT more frequently from my PPC than from my desktop, so bandwidth is a bit more precious for me.

Just curious as to how long the admins here will continue to showcase these low price blog entries on a daily basis. I would bet no one actually pauses over them anyways.

Mark Kenepp
06-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Not to speak for the admins of this site, but there was an announcement (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40964) when the service launched.

I personally like to see the prices displayed though admittedly, I just use it as a gauge to see what the general price of memory is at the time and if I am in the market, I usually purchase through my own sources.

LegacyHH
06-19-2007, 09:16 PM
I too look at the memory listing just as a pricing base line, but I don't really see any harm in them. There are a lot of subjects discussed on this board that I don't particularly find interest in, but I don't expect the admins to ban the posts. I look at the post subject and decide if I really care to read it.

rookcnu
06-20-2007, 03:50 AM
I look forward to the postings regarding prices for memory.

And I have purchased from memory from one of the sites that was listed within these postings.

Please, keep them coming!

buzzard
06-20-2007, 11:19 AM
I have purchased these cards in the past and prefer to see the information, that way if I have a need to buy I know to start my search at PPCT.

burtcom
06-21-2007, 09:08 PM
I like the Pricegrabbers -- but I am curious as to how they're generated. Once in a while you'll see something included that clearly doesn't belong. :)

sweb3028
06-23-2007, 07:10 PM
I, like most others, like to see them to keep up on the latest prices for memory. It may also generates some type revenue for this wonderful site that we all enjoy. I say, keep 'em comin'.

Jason Dunn
06-28-2007, 04:48 AM
Thanks for the feedback and comments from everyone a few points.

1) When you click through on any of the items, we get a few cents - it's not a big revenue driver, but every avenue of revenue helps. Remember that running Thoughts Media is what I do for a living - this isn't a hobby.

2) I've eliminated the CompactFlash entry and made it into a microSD entry, so it's more valid with current Pocket PCs.

3) We try to put them early in the morning so they're there when you start your day, but are easy to skip over.

4) We don't send them out to subscribers via the email blast.

5) Regarding bandwidth on the mobile site, we're working on a new mobile template that will be MUCH more bandwidth friendly.