View Full Version : Skweezer 4.0 Launched

Jon Westfall
06-19-2007, 03:06 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.skweezer.net/' target='_blank'>http://www.skweezer.net/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Greenlight Wireless today announced the release of Skweezer 4.0, the latest incarnation of its free service that optimizes desktop Web content for mobile devices, such as cell phones and PDAs. Skweezer has been updated from top to bottom with one goal in mind: to get users to the content they're looking for as quickly as possible. To that end, the user interface has been redesigned to reduce keystrokes and take advantage of "hot key" navigation that utilizes a phone's keypad. Skweezer will now also use a robust, new search system to provide highly relevant Web searches across multiple mobile device platforms. Skweezer's code-base and hosting infrastructure have been updated to provide the fastest Skweezer ever. We've re-thought nearly every aspect of our technology, from the user interface to the way the service is hosted on our network "Skweezer allows me to get my information fast, get off the device, and get on with life," said Rey Flores, a Microsoft MVP and Skweezer Beta test participant. "No matter how limited browsing capability is on the mobile device I may be using, the technology behind 4.0 virtually turns slow or limited bandwidth connections into a non-issue."</i><br /><br />Skweezer 4 is out with some interesting new features. Search abilities as well as improved user-agent passing capabilities sound interesting. My only issue with things such as Skweezer is remembering to use them (instead I have just gotten really used to PIE's strange and perplexing decisions regarding content display). Any Skweezer devotees out there with an argument that can convince me to take the extra time to load through Skweezer?

Kassad
06-19-2007, 07:21 AM
I bookmark the site when opened in Skweezer, so the sites I visit the most load the fastest.

miterb
06-19-2007, 08:27 PM
As a long time devotee of Skweezer, I helped some with the Beta for this release. I find the display of websites to be fast and much better than plain IE, at least on CE 2003se. If you want to see a contrast, go to www.nytimes.com. Right now IE will bomb out if you have to register but you can do so on your desktop. I don't know if Skweezer will work with registration but I have logged on with it. Then set Skweezer up with a Favorite for the NY Times and watch it go...

Brad Miter