View Full Version : Ipaq 3650 CF error

vwdave
06-15-2007, 03:54 AM
I've got an Ipaq 3650 with PCIMA adapter and a compact flash card. I've updated PC 2002 service pack 3 I believe. When I insert the card I get an erro 31 that in can't format. My 64 cf will not work at all.

Any ideas?

I've tried formatting the cards with windows in my card reader and the Ipaq still gives that error

LegacyHH
06-16-2007, 05:30 AM
I'm a little confused by your message. You have the expansion sleave that has a PCMCIA and a CF slot? Both on the same sleave? What's the part number, I'd like to get one for my 3850.

At any rate, you probably have to download an updated driver from HP's web site. They have updated drivers for WM 2003, and perhaps the expansion sleave doesn't have one resident on the updated 2003 flash.

Good luck, let me know how you make out.

vwdave
06-16-2007, 12:08 PM
The sleve is PCm and I have an adapter in there for a PCm to CF. It will recognize the card but will not format it.

Cybrid
06-16-2007, 06:15 PM
The sleve is PCm and I have an adapter in there for a PCm to CF. It will recognize the card but will not format it.Formatting through the PocketPC is flaky at best and not recommended by anyone. While formatting does give you small gains in read and write access on your CF cards...I think that that task can wait until you get to a PC. The only time you should be concerned is if...
cannot read from card
cannot write to card
cannot delete on card
Those three are the "Awww.Crap!" situations to worry in.
For further info. Menneisyys did a how-to/info guide on this.

vwdave
06-16-2007, 07:24 PM
I can't store anything on it without formatting. I'll do a search for that username right?

Cybrid
06-17-2007, 08:46 AM
I can't store anything on it without formatting. I'll do a search for that username right?I think that's an "Awww. Crap!" moment. 8O If you format the card on a PC then find that the PPC says "This card can't be read until formatted. Continue?" then you may have a problem.

vwdave
06-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Heck I knew that :wink: Actually it shows the card but with no memory available. I put it in my Audivox (which has a bad battery and no PPC 2002 available) and it shows it great

woebegone
06-17-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm having the same problem with a 2gb SD card in the native slot on my 3900. A 1gb card works just fine, and the 2gb card works with my card reader on my PC, but I'm told it needs to be formatted to use in my iPAQ.

I'll be following this thread to see what the EXPERTS can come up with!!!

Thanx,

Woe

Cybrid
06-18-2007, 08:44 PM
I'll be following this thread to see what the EXPERTS can come up with!!!

Thanx,

WoeIf you see any experts. Be sure to point them out to me. :)
Actually you seem to have a different, far simpler problem. Your card is probably formatted in a format unreadable on the PocketPC. Assuming you are using XP,Vista...
Use a card reader to verify that the format is FAT(16) or FAT32 and not NTFS.

vwdave
06-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Done that, it's 16. When I put my 64Meg card in the system freezes.

woebegone
06-19-2007, 02:11 AM
Clicking on "Properties" on my 2gb card in my reader, in XP, it says "FAT". No indication if its 16 or 32.