View Full Version : Microsoft Mobile Development Handbook Released

Jon Westfall
06-14-2007, 04:46 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/10294.aspx' target='_blank'>http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/10294.aspx</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Microsoft® Mobile Development Handbook (ISBN: 9780735623583) - Your essential reference to developing sophisticated applications for mobile devices. Get practical information for developing applications with the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0-straight from mobile-development experts. This definitive guide delivers the proven techniques, real-world insights, and extensive code samples you need to bring information access to any Windows-based mobile device."</i><br /><br />Former Thoughts team member Peter Foot wrote in to let us know about the release of this nice tome from Microsoft Press. Sure, you could find all of this information on the net (most likely), but sometimes it's just nice to have a book! If you're thinking of jumping into .NET CF, and want some good code examples, check this out.

Frankie1
06-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Hello All,
I really have been wanting to start developing Mobile applications. The only problem is that I really have a biginnners knowledge of VB. I wanted to know if you had to already know how to write Code in C# or VB to utilize this book, or if the book was geared toward begining developers?
Please any help would do. Thanks.

Darius Wey
06-15-2007, 03:57 AM
I really have been wanting to start developing Mobile applications. The only problem is that I really have a biginnners knowledge of VB. I wanted to know if you had to already know how to write Code in C# or VB to utilize this book, or if the book was geared toward begining developers?

The book primarily targets existing C# and VB mobile developers and existing .NET developers new to device development. If you're new to the languages, you may want to put this particular purchase on hold for the moment, and purchase a few books and/or take some training courses to help with the basics.

Frankie1
06-15-2007, 02:09 PM

The book primarily targets existing C# and VB mobile developers and existing .NET developers new to device development. If you're new to the languages, you may want to put this particular purchase on hold for the moment, and purchase a few books and/or take some training courses to help with the basics.

Thanks, Between being a full time Network Admin, a Graduate Student, Trying to Get my MCSA, now I have the daunting task of wanting to be a mobile developer. I'm not sure which one I want to put on hold?
Thanks for the insight.