View Full Version : GPS or VGA?

Hagow
06-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi All,

As of late there has been numerous devices coming out or will come out such as the HTC Kaiser or the iMate 7150. These new devices run WM6 and most of them either support VGA or GPS but not both(with the exception of Athena). So, I was just curious if you can have one of these devices would you rather have a device built in with GPS or a device with VGA?

Also, what does everyone think when it comes to the HTC Kaiser or the iMate 7150? Is HTC devices better than iMate?

Sven Johannsen
06-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Not a tough call actually. The driving factor in my VGA vote is that I can add GPS in a number of different ways. Little tougher to retrofit a VGA screen ;).

Another consideration is that most any add-on GPS solution will work for ALL my current PPC/SPs, and likely many future ones. With an embedded GPS I am stuck with the GPS technology available when it was built, and the single PPC it was built around.

I have a couple of VGA devices and one PPC with built in GPS (not VGA), and I really value the VGA higher, and am a bit annoyed by the dearth of new VGA devices, that still fit in your pocket.

thierryb
06-10-2007, 05:58 AM
Voted for vga also. I already have a bluetooth gps head and it have seen three vga ppc and the last one is the flame, for the first time a vga pocketable pdaphone.