View Full Version : I need some help with an activesync problem

Cajun
06-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Hi folks. I'm new to this whole Pocket PC thing and obviously I am having a problem. I just got the XV6700 from Verizon today. It has Windows mobile 5.0.

On Microsofts website I can add some information from my PC by opening the activesync app and then clicking on "Explore". Then I am supposed click on the "My WIndows Mobile-Based Device".

When I do this the whole window closes down and disapears. It does this when I do that with any of the folders in that window as well.

I had Activesync 4.2 but the WS site said to download 4.5. So I did and I had the same problem.

Anyone know what I should do? Is this an issue anyone else has?

Or is this just a verizon issue? (They already told me they couldn't help me with this because it is a MS issue)

ANy help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cybrid
06-08-2007, 03:34 AM
I'm sorry, I'm a little unclear...
I'll take a guess & see if it helps. Perhaps you could explain more specifically..."pretend you're talking to a kid" :)

To sync Contacts/appointments...
Install Outlook, Use Activesync to connect...If you add a contact in Outlook, it'll sync automatically.

To add a file, In Activesync click explore...This gets you to the filesystem on the device...Drag & drop the file wherever you like. For some applications, having the file in the "my documents" folder is a must.

Cajun
06-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Sorry Cybrid. I'll try to be more clear.

When I click the explore option it opens up a window called windows Mobile.

If I double click on anything in that window such as the folders or the My Mobile device, It shuts the window down without letting me see what's in the folder or the application. there should be more to that.

One of the things I want to do is add a mp3 file or wav file as a ringtone. And you need to be able to click on the mobile device to get to the next step to do that.

But as I said, the window shuts down after I click it.

ironguy
06-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Try using regular old windows explorer. It should show you a 'mobile device' in the folder tree. Try dropping your files onto it. Also, I can right click on a file and do a 'send to' mobile device. It opens a small window with the devices file tree and I can select which folder to put it in.

Cybrid
06-09-2007, 05:02 AM
But as I said, the window shuts down after I click it. Have you tried:
A new partnership?
Re-installing AS?