View Full Version : "Syncable" calendar, without Outlook?

mommy21101
05-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I have Vista Ultimate 64-bit on my PC and went and bought the new Office Home and Student-- which I now know no longer has Outlook. Is there another calendar program that I can install on my PC that will "sync" with my rx1955? I remember when I had my Palm (eons ago), that it had its own calendar progrom separate from Outlook...anything kind of like that?

I want to be able to make changes on my desktop to the calendar and sync it to my IPAQ and vise-versa, without going out and buying another version of office ($$$!!!) If I swap everything back to XP my DH will have a cow, after spending as much as he did on the new Vista OS and Office software.

Oh, and if it makes a difference (not sure), I don't have "active synch" I have "Windows Mobile Device Center"-- don't think I like that change either, but ....

If I put this post in the wrong place, please feel free to move it where it belongs, I'm sorry :oops:

Cybrid
05-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Nope. Unfortunately. Whereas Palm developed their own desktop, MS just syncs to the one they'd already made.

At present there is no escape. You could buy Outlook separately...or use Yahoo!GO to sync to an online Yahoo! PIM.

mommy21101
05-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks... guess I'm off to do a bit more research :?

Cybrid
06-01-2007, 06:12 AM
Thanks... guess I'm off to do a bit more research :?a promising possibility. http://www.finchsync.com/