View Full Version : Browser and Active Sync ??

under par
05-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi, new to this forum. just bought an 8525 a week ago. Seems like a great device, lots to learn, coming from the blackjack. I really like the added usability that the touchscreen offers. Wish the 8525 was just a little thinner, but that's my only complaint so far.

I have 3 major challenges that I'd like some expert advice on - just can't seem to figure these out. I have done searches, but unfortunately I did them on "other" forums that were smartphone centric (shame on me), and I'm out of energy and time to redo all those searches here, so hoping someone with the right expertise can help without too much trouble. Thanks in advance!

1. How can I set up active sync to automatically sync my "WM My Docs sync folder" to put the documents on my storage card and not on my device memory....I have several 500+mb excel files that I need to keep in sync, but don't want them hogging up 8525 device memory.

2. I think I like Opera mobile and will download it as my browser. But, is there plenty of device memory on the 8525 to load it directly to the device? I don't to load Opera to my storage card, then not have browser functionality if I take out my storage card. Also, is there a proven method to REMOVE PIE from the device to free up additional memory if I'll be using Opera? Any other alternatives to Opera that give you more of a desktop feel for browsing the web and working on java sites?

3. If I have my music on the storage card, how do I get WMP to play from the storage card automatically?

By the way, google maps for mobile is amazing!!! and being able to look up a contact and find them on the map is way cool. Lots of fun exploring out the functionality of this great device. Also looking forward to a hopeful free upgrade from Cingular to WM6. Again, thanks for all the help!

Cybrid
05-25-2007, 10:05 PM
1. How can I set up active sync to automatically sync my "WM My Docs sync folder" to put the documents on my storage card and not on my device memory....I have several 500+mb excel files that I need to keep in sync, but don't want them hogging up 8525 device memory.
Can't without a 3rd party app like Mobsync

2. I think I like Opera mobile and will download it as my browser. But, is there plenty of device memory on the 8525 to load it directly to the device? I don't to load Opera to my storage card, then not have browser functionality if I take out my storage card. Also, is there a proven method to REMOVE PIE from the device to free up additional memory if I'll be using Opera? Any other alternatives to Opera that give you more of a desktop feel for browsing the web and working on java sites?
Opera is the best. Search for Menniesyys' Web browser testing. PIE is written into the ROM. There is no real way to remove it.

3. If I have my music on the storage card, how do I get WMP to play from the storage card automatically?