View Full Version : White, blank screen-help!?!

neonmoon
05-25-2007, 06:05 AM
Can anyone tell me why my HTC Wizard aka (Qtek 9100l) powers on with this screen? It makes me wonder if i've not gotten a virus. It's like it's froze. The only way I can fix it is to do a softie, which is resulting in 5 or 6 a day and I know that can't be good for it! :?:

Cybrid
05-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Can anyone tell me why my HTC Wizard aka (Qtek 9100l) powers on with this screen? It makes me wonder if i've not gotten a virus. It's like it's froze. The only way I can fix it is to do a softie, which is resulting in 5 or 6 a day and I know that can't be good for it! :?:Relax...Soft resets and hard reset can't hurt it unless you break the reset switch.
You probably have something that's failing to start as part of the startup routine. Make a backup and test after a hard reset. If you see problems...something hardware. If it works fine then slowly re-install your data and apps until the problem reappears...it'll by process of elimination tell you what is the problem.

Brad Adrian
05-25-2007, 03:05 PM
...and if you do try a step-wise re-installation after a hard reset, I'd start first with re-installing applications that launch at startup and remain in memory, like special input drivers, PIM managers, etc.

If you have any questions before you start this process, though, don't hesitate to post them here.

neonmoon
05-29-2007, 04:37 AM
I appreciate the info but I had to do a hard reset. It got to the point it would not let me do anything. Everytime I went to use it, I couldn't. I totally appreciate your time and I have tons of othe questions-do u have a direct line?? just kidding