View Full Version : HOW TO GIVE LIMITED ACCESS TO GUEST USERS ON AN hx2750???

obp
05-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi everybody!

I hope you can help with the following:

I have an iPAQ 2750 and I have created and installed a software program which gives some kind of navigation instructions - no need to look on the screen of it, just listen to it. This program is activated via one of the hardware buttons, after assigned so in the Settings menu. I want to lent the iPAQ to potential customers to test it for a week, but without having access to the "interior" of it and the program itself. My idea is to use the Lock Device option but with the ability still to activate/run the program from the hardware button. Is this possible and how could it be implemented? If this is not the proper solution, what else would you advise? Any special additional software I could install?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and time!

Nicholas

Jason Dunn
05-23-2007, 04:14 PM
You want Spb Kiosk:

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/kioskengine/?en

Problem is, it's pretty expensive and meant for larger deployments...

obp
05-23-2007, 04:21 PM
You want Spb Kiosk:

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/kioskengine/?en

Problem is, it's pretty expensive and meant for larger deployments...

Pretty expensive indeed! Isn't there anything else in the market? You can call me ignorant (or even naive) but I was hoping for something at the usual price level of small ppc applications, around $ 20-40 !!!

Jason Dunn
05-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Pretty expensive indeed! Isn't there anything else in the market? You can call me ignorant (or even naive) but I was hoping for something at the usual price level of small ppc applications, around $ 20-40 !!!

I'm not aware of anything, though there may be something...the reality is that the type of scenario you're asking about is usually an enterprise scenario, and being able to lock down 100 clients for $500 is a "good" deal. ;-)

Brad Adrian
05-23-2007, 06:21 PM
The only other thing I could suggest is to use something like Tweaksk2k to hide/lock as many of the buttons and capabilities as possible. I do NOT think you can use Tweaks2k2 keep it, for instance, from establishing an AS connection and potentially installing apps.