View Full Version : ActiveSync 4.5 Support Code 86000107

Emjay2007
05-17-2007, 09:12 PM
I have suddenly been receiving this error whenever trying to sync my Treo 700w using ActiveSync 4.5 to my desktop running XP SP2. It looks like it syncs but I receive a "View Status" message with the support code noted. I see that my Outlook items are not syncing.

Anyone else run across this? How did you fix it? :cry:

Darius Wey
05-18-2007, 04:40 AM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Have you tried deleting and recreating the partnership?

Emjay2007
05-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Yep, deleted partnership and uninstalled and re-installed ActiveSync - tried moving back to 4.0 but that didn't work so I reinstalled 4.5. Also read ActiveSync troubleshooting and confirmed firewall settings. Searched Microsoft's support site for the error code but couldn't find anything in the knowledge base. :(

Darius Wey
05-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Hmm, that's no good. If you've exhausted all the obvious possibilities, then it may be a problem with Outlook - either the application itself or the PST file holding your data.

If you have a bit of time to spare, try uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook. If that doesn't help, try backing up your PIM data, deleting your current PST file, creating a new PST file, and then restoring your PIM data. Let me know if you need steps for the latter and I'll walk you through.

Emjay2007
05-19-2007, 04:01 AM
That did it. I had to uninstall Outlook and delete my Outlook folder under c:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook. (I made backups of my archive and outlook.pst folders before doing this.) I also had to delete the partnership from ActiveSync.

I reinstalled Outlook, placed my copied .pst folders into the new Outlook folder and set up a new partnership.

It was a pain in the a@! but it worked.

Hoping this post helps anyone else that runs into this.

Thanks for your help!

Darius Wey
05-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Great. Glad it all worked out. :)