View Full Version : rx 5915, use as Handsfree device for my cell phone??

zr2ee
05-17-2007, 03:45 AM
i just purchased a ipaq travel companion 5915 to use in my truck as a NAV unit, MP3 player, and control/monitoring module for the after market chip i put in my truck, since i have this unit hooked up too my stereo and it has a microphone i would also like to use it as a handsfree profile device for my cell phone, i've seen it on TOM TOMS and other nav units but i can't figure out why they wouldnt impliment it into this device. does anyone know if there is a way too do this or a 3rd party application i can use?? i'd tried doing some research into it but found nothing

Sven Johannsen
05-17-2007, 04:47 AM
Certainly isn't an option out of the box, and I've never seen any thrird party solution to make a a device that expects to connect to headsets, act as a headset. While it might make sense to you, not sure any software/hardware vendors would understand the concept of making a device into a headset that is bigger than the phone.

Nurhisham Hussein
05-17-2007, 09:34 AM
First, Welcome to PPCT!

does anyone know if there is a way too do this or a 3rd party application i can use?? i'd tried doing some research into it but found nothing

This question comes up once every so often, and the answer is unfortunately no - the profile simply doesn't exist on the Windows Mobile platform.

zr2ee
05-17-2007, 09:13 PM
i can see how not many people would use it as a speaker phone application but for this type of unit i think it would make sense. hopefully sometime soon they will have something, it would just be nice to have a all in one unit, seeing as how i'm using this as almost a permenant application too my truck.

Sven Johannsen
05-18-2007, 06:17 AM
I can see your point too, as there are a number of portable car GPS units that do incorporate a speakerphone via BT option.