View Full Version : Great NeoGeo, CPS-1 and CPS-2 arcade emulator FinalBurn 0.09 released!

Menneisyys
05-14-2007, 12:34 PM
It was a week ago that I published a tutorial on playing NeoGeo, CPS-1 and CPS-2 arcade games on Windows Mobile (http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=1928&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1). Read the article about what it’s all about, where it can be downloaded from etc.

The excellent developer, Masterall, has just come out with an upgraded version of the application, promising Motorola 68k and sound emulation fixes.

I’ve thoroughly tested the new version with the Metal Slug series and didn’t found it as good and quick as the previous, 0.08 version (I’ve tested the two versions face-to-face, under exactly the same circumstances). This may be caused by the new 68k core, as the CPU of the NeoGeo is also a 68k.

I’ve also tested the new version with some, also 68k-based CPS-1 and CPS-2 games (1941, 1944, 19xx); I haven’t found any changes in emulating them.

This means you might want to rename the old FinalBurn.exe to, say, FinalBurn08.exe and keep it in the home directory of the emulator just in case you need to squeeze out all the possible frames out of them, while copying the new, 0.09 version of FinalBurn.exe in the same directory. Just switch back to using the old version if you encounter (more) sound problems with the new.

Note that I’ll publish either later today or tomorrow a BIG all-in-one review of ALL arcade machine simulators, also featuring FinalBurn (along with MameCE and the two current versions of PocketCultMAME).