View Full Version : selling "used" software?

capo
05-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Here's the deal - I've decided to sell my Axim x50v and all the assorted stuff I've acquired for it and stop using a PDA altogether. Personal reasons, nothing I want to get into. I've sold my used handhelds before as I've outgrown them, but kept the software to use on their replacements. Now I've got a fair amount of software and won't have any need for it. Do any of you folks have any experience with transferring licenses? Am I going to run afoul of half the Pocket PC developers in the world by including a bunch of PPC apps (and licenses, serials and all that, of course - I'm not planning to keep anything) with my Axim? Do I need to go down the list one by one and contact each vendor? Just wondering...
Thanks for your thoughts on this. It's been a long, fun ride but it's coming to an end for me.

JPD6825
05-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Just move on and don't look back.

Hand everything over to your buyer: software, manuals, registration codes, packaging.

It's just not worth your time to worry about the details of legality or morality of PPC software EULAs.

You'll make your buyer happier - and you'll have less junk on your hardrive or office shelf.

Enjoy your new Post PPC life!

Peace out -