View Full Version : T-Mobile Vario II

BenC
05-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to turn off the green flashing light on the Vario II (Hermes300) phone? It constantly flashes and annoys me lol

Also my tomtom keeps freezing when im travelling about, is there a way to speed up the device to stop this happening, ive done the usual soft reset but sometimes it makes no difference.

Thanks

martin_ayton
05-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Hi,

I have a Vario2 and the only *green* flashing light I am aware of is only on when WiFi is enabled. Keeping WiFi enabled when you aren't actually using it is a very good way of draining your battery very rapidly, so switching it off may help you in more ways than one.

Of course, the *orange* flashing light to tell you the 'phone is on (even if the screen isn't) and the *blue* flashing light to tell you your bluetooth is on (and keeping that enabled doesn't deplete your battery appreciably) may still annoy you. There are some registry hacks around which will turn the LEDs off, but they have side effects. Try searching this site for 'flashing LEDs' or similar - you'll come up with some relevant posts. If you don't like hacking the registry yourself, then Tweaks2k2 (http://www.tweaks2k2.com/portal/staticpages/index.php?page=20050224182009983) may have the hack you want built in - it could turn the lights out on my old Xda2s.

I also run TomTom with a bluetooth GPS on my Vario2. I have found that soft resetting the PPC before relying on TomTom helps a lot, as does never using any other bluetooth connection whilst I have the GPS connection running. It's not TomTom's fault; CoPilot Live has the same trouble. The issue is the extremely cheap and nasty Microsoft bluetooth stack which can't handle more than one bluetooth connection at once. It is really annoying because I can't take a call over my bluetooth headset with the GPS running, which rather defeats the object of a converged device, don't you think?

Hope this helps a little :)