View Full Version : Calendar/Contact Synchronization w/Outlook 2007 AND Lotus Notes R5

randun
05-02-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm looking for an easy-to-use program that will allow me to synchronize my calendar & contacts only on my Treo 750 with Lotus Notes R5. I should be able to retain my Oulook synchronization on my personal PC with no conflict with the LN software. Ideas? Thanks.

schmenge
05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm looking for an easy-to-use program that will allow me to synchronize my calendar & contacts only on my Treo 750 with Lotus Notes R5. I should be able to retain my Oulook synchronization on my personal PC with no conflict with the LN software. Ideas? Thanks.

I have used both Intellisync and now mNotes with no problems.

randun
05-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Thanks. I'll check them out.

baker
05-05-2007, 03:54 PM
I used mNotes with LNotes at work, it was great and I sync'd at home with Outlook by AS without any issues. Work has switched to Outlook and now I use Intellisync to sync/get mail over WiFi. However, I can't sync at home without issues.

possmann
08-10-2007, 01:39 PM
What is MNotes?
The company I just joined uses Lotus notes (ugh) and I am an outlook fan... so it doesn't look like I am going to be able to use the advantages of over the air syncing as I would be able to if they were running an exchange server - unless anyone know about some feature with Lotus Notes that allows for direct sync with a windows mobile device (6)???

schmenge
08-10-2007, 01:45 PM
What is MNotes?
The company I just joined uses Lotus notes (ugh) and I am an outlook fan... so it doesn't look like I am going to be able to use the advantages of over the air syncing as I would be able to if they were running an exchange server - unless anyone know about some feature with Lotus Notes that allows for direct sync with a windows mobile device (6)???

I use mNotes and sync over the air, but then my company has invested in the technology to make that work. Maybe yours has as well. I think mNotes is the former Credenza (sp?).

possmann
08-10-2007, 02:34 PM
I found the web site for notes - looks cool in concept. I don't think my company has invested in anything outside of Lotus Notes - I assume they probably have a blackberry server somewhere (shudder).

I had a Treo 700W and am for the Verizon version of the Sprint Mogul to come out. What I want to do is be able to "sync over the air" like if I was with an exchange server...

I would be looking at purchasing the "personal use" mnotes most likely. Did you buy the mnotes application or did your comapny buy and set it up for you? Can you syn directly with the notes server or does your laptop/desktop act as the forwarding point (meaning does your laptop/desktop have to be on/connected in order to sync over the air)?

schmenge
08-10-2007, 02:59 PM
My company buys the software, does setup on their end and I (and others) do the setup on the PPC side. It is a threesome situation. The Notes servers sync with my laptop (when I am securely connected to our servers) and to Web Notes. mNotes is then syncing with Web Notes, not the servers directly. Your address book and journal (notes) only reside locally on your PC or laptop, so you must periodically sync them with the server to keep all in sync (if that make sense).

mNotes lets you sync other folders, which is nice. The only gripes I have about it is that it is not particularly fast and sometimes takes more than one try to connect. In case do try it, I did try and install to my SD card (it is about a 4.5 meg install), but it forces most of the install to main memory anyway. I've not tried to relocate anything.