View Full Version : Treo 700 or PPC-6700???

code-frog
04-24-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm having tons of trouble with my almost 2 year old PPC-6700. Sprint is offering me another PPC-6700 or a Treo 700 to replace it. Which one should I get? Or should I wait? My phone is not working correctly anymore. So I need to replace it but should I go Treo or 6700?

I'm asking you which phone you prefer or for your opinion in general. Nobody will be held responsible for my decision and no farm animals will be hurt during the process. :D

JesterMania
04-25-2007, 01:29 AM
Exactly what do you mean by "tons of trouble" with your 6700? In my opinion, it is up to personal preference. I have tried using a device with a thumb-board and one with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard and I personally enjoy the device with the slide-out QWERTY and QVGA screen much more. So for me, I would take the 6700. It's all up to your personal preference really.

code-frog
04-25-2007, 02:13 AM
Battery problems and power problems.

Cybrid
04-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Battery problems and power problems.Don't take the 700 unless its the 700Wx. the original had 32Mb of RAM, the Wx has 64Mb.
Also a 240 square screen meaning some apps might not display correctly. all that for 450mAh of extra battery life? why not get a bigger 6700 battery?

code-frog
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, with regards to the battery I've got a very big one but for some reason the device will drain any of my batteries within minutes of being off a power source. Tonight it was just continuously rebooting on one of the batteries. Kind of annoying. I dug out the original battery, charged it and things appear to actually be going better now. Time will tell...

Cybrid
04-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah, with regards to the battery I've got a very big one but for some reason the device will drain any of my batteries within minutes of being off a power source. Tonight it was just continuously rebooting on one of the batteries. Kind of annoying. I dug out the original battery, charged it and things appear to actually be going better now. Time will tell...I see...I'm writing this on my 6700 right now, while not stellar...the life is long enough to last through a night in my work locker on standby...or about 2.5 hours with WiFi eating away at it...and I've done a 80-90 minute phone call...
I can understand your usage and expectation s might be higher but giving up a whole lot of features...It'd be time to get a "dumb phone".
Compare the Treo and 6700 side by side...

lower screen res
If 700, low RAM. Almost unusably low RAM.
No WiFi.
Lower app compatibility...(Square screen support)

I think you need to see if they have a repair/test center that can resolve your power issues...Good Luck!

code-frog
04-25-2007, 05:22 PM
I see... I can understand your usage and expectation s might be higher but giving up a whole lot of features...It'd be time to get a "dumb phone".

lower screen res
No WiFi.

I think you need to see if they have a repair/test center that can resolve your power issues...Good Luck!

Yeah, I felt the Treo had less to offer as well which is why I thought to ask here just to be sure. My epectations are very low in terms of battery life but I'd think with the large-capacity battery I'd get at least one good 8 hour chunk of stand-by.

In terms of repair they have not offered that at all. But they have offered a replacement price that while still not free is pretty hard to beat. Last night I decided to keep my 6700 as that's where all my accessories are tailored. If I go to any other phone I have to dump a lot of my accessories and I'm not willing to absorb that much cost. I think I'll stay with the 6700 and hope that some of the newer HTC devices roll into Sprint over the next year.

Cybrid
04-25-2007, 05:32 PM
I see... I can understand your usage and expectation s might be higher but giving up a whole lot of features...It'd be time to get a "dumb phone".

lower screen res
No WiFi.

Yeah, I felt the Treo had less to offer as well which is why I thought to ask here just to be sure. My epectations are very low in terms of battery life but I'd think with the large-capacity battery I'd get at least one good 8 hour chunk of stand-by.

In terms of repair they have not offered that at all. But they have offered a replacement price that while still not free is pretty hard to beat. Last night I decided to keep my 6700 as that's where all my accessories are tailored. If I go to any other phone I have to dump a lot of my accessories and I'm not willing to absorb that much cost. I think I'll stay with the 6700 and hope that some of the newer HTC devices roll into Sprint over the next year.When I forgot it in my locker...that's 8.5 hour work shift plus 11 hours before I picked it up the next morning....There was enough charge leftover for me not to hurry home but go about the rest of the day...On the "new?" 6700 test it out...

code-frog
04-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it. :D